This position will providemanagement and leadership over the physician compensation function bydeveloping compensation strategies/models and measuring the effectiveness ofphysician compensation plans to ensure the overall physician strategy issupported. Responsibilities will focus on the administration of physiciancompensation through plan development, implementation, and ongoing operationalmanagement. The position will be involved in all aspects of physiciancompensation determination and supervise contract administration, regulatorycompliance, and fair market value assessments.
WHAT IS EXPECTED (EssentialFunctions):
- Act as primary liaisonbetween employed physicians, general counsel, and third parties with regard tophysician compensation issues, coverage agreements, corporate overheadallocations and other financial matters impacting physician compensation.
- Develop physiciancompensation models that support physician initiatives and controlling costs,while enhancing physician performance and rewards associated with performance.Make recommendations regarding physician compensation issues based on knowledgeof Stark, Federal and State Anti-Kickback statutes, applicable IRS regulationsand Intermediate Sanctions, the Texas Medical Practice Act, the FTC and otherregulatory agencies.
- Lead the development ofphysician compensation arrangements that align with organizational objectivesand meet regulatory requirements.
- Plan, develop, and implementpolicies related to physician compensation methodologies. Develop and supervisereliable, timely, and efficient processes for managing physician compensationarrangements.
- Develop management tools andmetrics to monitor the performance of physician compensation relative to thebudget.
- Provide routine reports andsupport to physicians and other relevant stakeholders regarding compensationlevels.
- Prepare and presentphysician compensation data to the Audit and Compliance Committee. Completespecial assignments to retain key physicians/practice groups to support theBSWH service line strategy.
- Oversee compensationgovernance committees and periodic review processes. - Manage resources,including operating budget, and oversee the professional development ofsupervised staff.
- Educate and answer questionsregarding changes to compensation methodologies and/or regulations.
- Provide guidance onintercompany transactions regarding bottom line funded clinics, budgeting, anduses of Mission Grants. Performs other position appropriate duties as requiredin a competent, professional and courteous manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, andABILITIES
- Subject matter expert onregulatory, compliance, and legal requirements for physician agreements.
- Ability to maintainrelationships with all stakeholders, including physicians, hospital and medicalgroup administration, and compensation staff.
- Capability to analyze andpresent complex data to a variety of audiences.
- EDUCATION - Bachelors Degree
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 7 years experience required
Internal Number: 20007194
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!