Help change health care; help change the world. Make real change in health care with the freedom to innovate and highly trained staff to execute your vision. Our leaders are at the forefront of health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Banner Health is conducting a national search for a Practice Management Director for Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center, Gilbert, AZ. We are seeking an inspiring leader who will continue to cultivate our strong relationship with MD Anderson Houston and create a culture of excellence. This is an excellent opportunity for a proven strategic leader to contribute in the successful growth and evolution of one of the nation's top integrated healthcare systems.
Banner-MD Anderson Cancer Center has undergone remarkable growth as well as becoming a trusted destination for many cancer patients throughout the region. In addition to the main cancer center at Banner Gateway Medical Center, the program now provides services at eight other Banner hospital campuses (including Northern Colorado). Banner Cancer Specialists employs over 200 physicians and advanced practice providers, representing over 20 specialties. Banner-MD Anderson Cancer Center is increasingly recognized in the Southwest for its multidisciplinary disease-site teams and expertise, exceptional patient experience, and the extent of its treatment, diagnostic and support services. With over 75 active clinical trials serving over 300 patients per year and publications in some of the most respected medical journals, the research program is robust and increasingly distinguished for its success.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the overall leadership of regional employed physicians' practices. Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, capital purchases, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. This position serves as a resource for the organization's employed physician practices to address clinic practice and facility issues.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership for the organization's medical group that contributes to the growth of the organization and positioning as a market leader with employees and the community.
2. Assures financial stewardship in both operational and capital acquisition processes. Establishes performance measures, assess accomplishments, and evaluate operations. Works with medical group leadership team to identify revenue opportunities, as well as evaluate and implement cost management strategies.
3. Promotes high quality of service in all areas of responsibility. Supports process improvements that enhance provision of clinical services, outcomes and patient throughput. Together with the medical group leadership team and other organizational leaders, oversees an organizational structure that assures effective and efficient delivery of patient care in all areas of responsibility.
4. Fosters a culture of employee engagement and service excellence. Role models behaviors congruent with the organization's principles and values. Establishes high performance standards for service outcomes and works with leadership team to meet standards. Matches service delivery with service expectations, managing service improvement opportunities and sets the standard for a culture of recognition and celebration.
5. Ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new practices and services and allocates financial, informational and physical resources for improvement activities.
6. Focuses on partnering with other departments within the organization to improve delivery of patient care through employed physician practices, increase revenue potential and decrease costs.
7. This position serves as a leader for business health services and is responsible for developing the areas of responsibility to fit the organization's mission, vision and values and ensure operational goals are clearly communicated and measured. This position has administrative responsibility for designated physician practices. Collaboration within an integrated healthcare system, including working with centralized system service departments, health plans, leadership teams is required.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and/ or healthcare administration as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in business administration or health services administration.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of healthcare management as normally demonstrated through at least five years of healthcare management experience. Must possess the ability to simultaneously address multiple projects, demands and issues. Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as planning, organizational and conceptual skills.
Employees working at the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2633
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.