Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities.
As a Food Nutrition & EVS Associate Director at Banner Health, you are responsible for the leadership, direction, and supervision of our clinical nutrition services and housekeeping environmental services teams. This is a full-time position working Monday - Friday from 6:30a-3:00p. If you're wanting to build your leadership skills, grow within our organization, and be part of a positive workplace culture, this role is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you'll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides direction, planning and supervision of food and clinical nutrition services, environmental services, and/or other support services (ie, volunteer services, laundry, etc). Ensures the provision of efficient, high quality meal service, nutritional patient care, and environmental safety and services. This position may also develop, direct and supervise another support department for the facility, as assigned. The position provides strategic direction to ensure the department goals are consistent with organizational objectives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides required leadership, planning, and direction to create and deliver high quality food and nutrition services and dietary care. Oversees menu planning and recipe development, food production, procurement and storage of food and nutritional supplies and equipment, patient food services, and patient dietary counseling.
2. This position is responsible for the direction, management and operation of the functions of environmental services to maintain a clean and safe facility ensuring compliance with infection control standards regarding the proper use of chemicals and the disposal of medical waste.
3. Plans and directs the implementation of information systems for the department. Works with organization and vendor resources to implement and manage systems for patient menus and ordering, the management of food production and forecasting, retail sales accounting and tracking, and patient dietary services.
4. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and performance management. Supports staff training and development to motivate staff to provide highest level of service and to remain current on industry trends. Establishes and communicates team goals and provides feedback and recommendations for improvement. Creates cohesive teams committed to clinical, product and service quality.
5. Brings innovative and synergistic ideas into the workplace by evaluating new products, emerging trends and technologies, economic changes, and industry innovation. May participate in system-wide task forces and/or teams to assess and promote the use of common practices and economies.
6. Manages quality, safety and compliance for all facility food and nutrition services, and environmental services. Creates and administers measures and benchmarks for all required outcomes in product and service quality, regulatory compliance, customer satisfaction, safe work practices and employee engagement and satisfaction. Assures that all reporting staff maintain required food handling and professional certification.
7. Manages the department's financial performance. Forecasts and manages retail food and catering revenues. Develops and manages operational and capital budgets. Manages operating expenses and other key indicators within agreed upon parameters. Reconciles monthly operating expense budget variances.
8. Develops, administers, and supervises the activities of other support services area (ie, volunteer, laundry, etc). This position will also promote and support community partnerships and student/adult workforce development.
9. Under the general supervision of facility senior leadership, this position is responsible for all aspects of patient food services and patient dietary care services; environmental services, and other support services, as assigned. The position plans and provides systems to support customer needs and evaluate service levels. Position organizes, directs and modifies activities to ensure high quality, cost-effective, and efficient operations. The position develops budgets, goals, and objectives for the department.
Requires a bachelor degree in Nutrition and Food Service Management, or equivalent experience and training. Requires a level of nutrition and dietary knowledge as normally evidenced by certification as a Registered Dietitian.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved through five or more years of broad experience in the management of patient food service, production and procurement, and experience in managing clinical nutrition services. Must be able to budget and apply clinical skills to quality assurance and utilization management. Requires strong abilities in leadership, communications, business analysis and planning, and the ability to plan and direct the work of others.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R9701
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.