At Banner - University Medical Group (BUMG), we're creating a world class medical organization that brings together a leadership team committed to a physician-focused structure, while navigating the challenges of moving from a volume-based to value-based health care system.
This is a full time, salary exempt, day shift position: Monday - Friday 8:00AM-5:00PM
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
University Medical Group Join our nonprofit faculty practice plan associated with the University of Arizona Colleges of Medicine in Phoenix and Tucson. Our 800-plus clinicians provide primary and specialty care to patients at highly ranked Banner - University Medical Centers and dozens of clinics while providing mentorship to more than 700 residents and fellows. Our practice values and encourages the three-part mission of academic medicine: research, teaching and excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for managing research clinical trials and other studies in assigned medical service lines and/or departmental areas for medical facility based studies. Works with the Physician's Advisory Councils (PACs) to implement research strategies that enhance organization's ability to provide excellent patient care, attract excellent medical talent, and better serve its stakeholders. Also manages the operations of the clinical practice in order to ensure that continuous, quality, accurate, timely and cost-effective services are provided.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs personnel actions including recruiting, new hire actions, interviewing and selection of new staff, salary determinations, training, and personnel evaluations. This position also participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals and objectives in accordance with company standards. Directs the workflow for the clinical research staff.
2. Manages clinical research staff and individual studies (as study coordinator) in conjunction with Principal Investigators (PI) to ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with research protocol, research ethics and integrity, and in a fiscally responsible way. Ensures that sponsor requirements are completed correctly, accurately, and in a timely way. Implements strategies for research within service line and is principally responsible for carrying out those strategies.
3. Implements protocols for internally sponsored/investigator initiated studies, works with investigators and internal research resources to ensure statistical significance of study designs. For externally sponsored studies promotes (to sponsors) the advantages of conducting research in our medical facilities so as to attract beneficial studies.
4. Ensures the responsible conduct of research, the protection of human subject participants and that all applicable local, state and federal policies for research are followed. Facilitates clinical research studies and grants and assures that they are conducted using good clinical and scientific practices and are in regulatory and policy compliance.
5. Collaborates with providers and managers from other departments to ensure a high quality patient experience and the highest level of patient satisfaction.
6. Promotes the adherence to policies and procedures, standard practices of the profession, and related local, state, and federal laws. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the Compliance Liaison in designated practices.
7. Works with research staff, patient financial services, and financial analysts to ensure that research related charges are billed appropriately.
8. May provide direct patient care which includes obtaining patient medical history, systems review, phlebotomy, EKG, vital signs, and cognitive assessment on patients. Maintains quality assurance on designated protocols. Collects data as required and assists in interpreting and evaluating results as required. Triages adverse events and communicates with the research physician regarding the occurrence of adverse events. Collects information regarding indicated medical follow-up with the subject and collateral informants as needed.
9. This position foresees and resolves complex problems and issues. Responsibility across the assigned medical service lines and/or departments, with external contact with regulatory authorities, study sponsors, pharmaceutical sponsors, and collaborative research entities. Frequent internal contact with medical staff, hospital executives, department heads, financial and administrative staff, and patients. This position is pivotal for meeting targets for patient and employee satisfaction.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Knowledge typically obtained through completion of a Bachelors degree in Biology, Nursing, or related field.
Five years of clinical research experience. Must possess medical or bioscientific, business, and presentation skills. Strong and demonstrable planning, management, organization, collaboration and analytical skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with others by speaking, reading, and writing.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Regulatory knowledge of clinical research conduct and health care operations is strongly preferred. RN license.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2624
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.