· Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to lead teams through process changes and sustainment.
· Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel
· Competency in personal leadership abilities
· Ability to develop and mentor others to their optimum levels of skill and professionalism
· Business and human resources skills as they relate to assigned areas of service
· Competency regarding communication and relationship building
· Leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of regulatory standards (CMS, OSHA, Specialty Standards)
· Change Management trainin
What you will need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or relevant field
· Master’s degree in Nursing or relevant field
· Five (5) years’ experience in nursing
· Two (2) years’ experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care entity
· Experience in the clinical setting related to area(s) of specialty
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid state of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
The Senior Manager of Clinical Outcomes is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients of specific age groups identified by the standards of care. The Senior Manager assures evaluation of clinical care processes and patient outcomes and directs plans that lead to consistent positive patient outcomes. The Senior Manager provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization. The Senior Manager communicates with all levels of clinical staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders to drive accountability and consistency. This leader is a collaborator with strong emotional intelligence and directs the overall nursing care delivery and clinical performance, ensuring standardization of practice and alignment with organizational strategies. The Senior Manager of Clinical outcomes drives performance metrics, analyzes data trends, and coaches nursing teams to improve performance. This leader is involved in all state and federal regulatory compliance requirements and visits. The Senior Manager evaluates current programs, leads improvement strategies, and develops business plans that optimize performance. Informs and advises the region/corporate and campus leaders by participating in applicable committees/taskforces as needed. The Senior Manager acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety. The Senior Manager accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities. The Senior Manager promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes. The Senior Manager develops both unit activities that support the elements of extending excellence. Has knowledge of and adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, related practice standards such as the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. In addition, the Senior Manager actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.