Top Reasons to Work for AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
Part Time Exempt position; 28 hours per week: 2 12 hour shifts w/4 hours of charting
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Coordinate direct care for achieving optimal patient outcomes, in accordance with Home Health policies and procedures and in collaboration with patient, HH team, caregivers, and physician.
· Complete comprehensive assessment of patient and OASIS tool, providing timely Start of Care documentation and establish an individualized Plan of Care.
· Assure that individualized and comprehensive care is based on ongoing interpretation of physiological, psychological, and sociological deficits affecting the state of health.
· Identify specific, achievable goals in collaboration with the patient and/or care-giver, under the physician’s direction.
· Observation, recording, and reporting to the physician any reaction to treatment or changes in the client’s condition.
· Maintain competence in defined/key nursing skills, i.e., wound care, infusion therapy, disease management, adult education, medication oversight.
· Participate in Clinical Nursing Call rotation as scheduled including weekends and holidays as assigned by PCS.
· Proactively participate in case coordination/review processes, assuring documentation of key findings for other members of team assigned to care.
· Participate in orientation, in-services, patient record reviews and staff meetings as scheduled or as requested.
What You Will Need:
Current North Carolina RN license required.
Current BLS certification required.
Valid driverâ™s license, current automobile insurance, reliable automobile required.
Computer knowledge required.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Knowledge with a Point of Care software system for patient care documentation preferred
Additional languages preferred
Experience as an RN commensurate with one of the following required:
Two years of acute care experience within the last three years
One year of home health care experience within the last two years
This position requires Case Management responsibilities of planning, coordinating, providing and documenting care when assigned a caseload of direct patient care. When providing Start of Care Coordination, the role requires expert comprehensive assessment of the patient, including OASIS tool as required, and development and implementation of a home health plan of care that meets each patientâ™s initial orders and specific needs, collaborating with multidisciplinary agency team. The home health RN Case Manager develops and implements a home health plan of care that meets each patientâ™s specific needs and is in compliance with JCAHO, federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines as well as agency policies and procedures.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.