Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you. Apply now.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of our growing Customer Care Center . You will report to the Customer Care Director. This position will manage and coordinate daily and long term activities of the member service center for the Banner Insurance Division. Your role will be critical to our organization's success as we continue to expand and grow. This position will have a strong presence with our Medicare contracts, ensuring efficient and effective operations in alignment with Medicare regulations.
This growth provides the opportunity to continue to build a high-performing Customer Care team that assists in creating a customer-centered culture.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages and coordinates activities of the client services center. This position ensures efficient and effective operations of the center, as well as quality customer service in conjunction with organizational standards.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Hires, trains, conducts performance reviews, and directs the workflow for the client services staff. This includes developing and implementing a client services training program, as well as providing ongoing training materials for the department staff.
2. Monitors, analyzes and evaluates call statistics to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage for the client services staff. This includes creating and generating departmental reports to track customer service effectiveness, efficiency, productivity and quality of the department staff. Develops and implements standard departmental guidelines and procedures, as well as team and individual performance targets, to improve the center's effectiveness, efficiency and quality.
3. Manages customer service calls to observe staff demeanor, accuracy and conformity to departmental guidelines and standards, as well as team and individual performance targets. Ensures excellent service levels to all client service center stakeholders.
4. Develops and monitors the department budget in conjunction with corporate/division goals and objectives. This position is accountable for meeting annual budgetary goals.
5. Maintains the health plan appeals and grievance committee, including ensuring policies and procedures are properly documented, maintained and communicated.
6. Serves as a liaison to all facilities, departments and key constituents to ensure medical and dental summary plan descriptions are interpreted correctly.
7. Works closely with reimbursement and medical services departments to ensure clear, concise information is communicated to employees and risk membership concerning the status of claims and authorizations.
8. This position has direct accountability for the organization's client services department, which entails working with all facilities, employees, departments and key constituents to ensure efficient operations. Customers include the plan administration provider community, employee members and their dependents, physician office staff, allied health professionals and related entities, departments and programs.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have a strong working knowledge of service/call centers as typically obtained through three years of management experience in a service center, call center, or telecommunications environment. Must possess a general working knowledge of telephone and paging systems.
Must have excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication and customer service skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, as well as effectively lead and manage a team. Must have a working knowledge of personal software packages to create and generate reports, as well as retrieve and track reporting data. Proven ability to organize and manage multiple projects and activities simultaneously.
Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R18988
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.