DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital has a Level II Trauma Emergency Department, advanced robotic surgery technologies and a focus on compassionate care. Sinai-Grace draws on the history of three community hospitals and has served Northwest Detroit for more than 130 years.
In collaboration with senior leadership and subordinate staff, plans, implements and evaluates processes related to performance improvement, staffing effectiveness, fiscal management, staff competence and customer service outcomes within designated units or services. Ensures that regulatory requirements/standards are communicated, implemented and monitored. Collaborates with other members of the healthcare team to plan, implement & evaluate activities related to department, hospital and DMC objectives. Models customer service excellence.
1. Assures quality and appropriateness of care. Facilitates and supports the establishment of unit based quality improvement programs and supports continuous improvement processes.* Uses processes and metrics to manage/measure accountability for self and assigned services or units.
2. Creates an environment of shared decision-making. Promotes multidisciplinary collaboration on patient care and related issues. Serves as a facilitator by removing barriers that prevent staff from effectively and efficiently performing their roles.
3. Promotes positive customer relations with physicians, patients, families, visitors and employees; follows up on all complaints and provides feedback. Monitors level of patient, staff and physician satisfaction. Adheres to the DMC's Customer Service Standards.*
4. Plans, implements and evaluates staff development & competency maintenance programs. Ensures that elements of performance improvement findings are incorporated into educational programs as appropriate. Supports professional growth and development programs, such as tuition reimbursement and nursing grand rounds. In collaboration with the clinical manager, ensures staff participation in orientation, mandatory and continuing education programs and other staff development opportunities.*
5. Develops, implements, monitors and adjusts capital and operating budgets. Provides variance reports and/or corrective action plans as requested. Mentors subordinate staff in creation and evaluation of budget. Develops, implements and realizes effective cost containment measures.*Collaborates with DMC Finance representatives to create supplemental reports as appropriate.
6. Develops business plans and/or requests for proposals as requested/required.
7. In collaboration with clinical manager and unit staff, interviews, selects, evaluates, counsels, disciplines and terminates unit personnel.* Ensures that appropriate human resource activities are completed on a timely basis and in conformance with established policy. Develops, reviews and/or revises and monitors reports related to retention and recruitment activities.
8. In collaboration with peers & other members of the healthcare team within the facility & system (as appropriate), ensures that all policies, procedures and standards related to assigned unit/service areas, are reviewed/revised as outlined by regulatory standards and that clinical policies are evidence-based. Ensures staff compliance with state, federal laws and regulatory agency standards/requirements.
9. Develops unit/service goals and objectives and strategies which promote the mission, vision and values of the DMC, the individual operating unit and/r clinical service; achieves related goals.*
10. Maintains communication lines between self and staff and among staff, by conducting regular staff meetings and providing opportunities for team building and problem solving within a shared decision-making framework.* Monitors activities for and ensures compliance with laws, government regulations, Joint Commission requirements and DMC policies. As directed, implements external and internal audit recommendations. Ensures hospital departments achieve objectives for diversity of their suppliers.
COMPLIANCE STATEMENT: Supports the standards set forth in the DMC's Code of Conduct by creating an atmosphere of commitment to legal and ethical standards, and as directed, implementing external and internal audit recommendations. Monitors activities to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations Joint Commission requirements, and DMC policies and procedures. * The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. Masters Degree Required in Nursing, Business, Health Care Administration or related field. Of two degrees one must be in Nursing.
2. Three to five years experience, which may be concurrent clinical and/or progressively more responsible management experience.
3. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of Michigan.
Internal Number: 2105003466
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.