NOTE: LOCAL remote opportunity. Ideal candidate will live in Phoenix.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
The Continuous Improvement (CI) Team is motivated to make a difference in the strategic objectives of Banner Health, Banner Patients and the department. The team works in a collaborative environment amongst themselves and with key stakeholders
`As a member of the Continuous Improvement (CI) team, you will align with facility leadership and revenue cycle operational teams to help identify areas of opportunity, develop strategy, and lead key improvement projects. The CI team ultimately seeks to develop a pipeline of future leaders within Banner by providing opportunities to gain experience in multiple areas of revenue cycle operations, work in partnership with senior leaders, and drive successful improvement initiatives. This role has high visibility within the organization and is a great opportunity for a candidate that is looking to make a difference.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides a leadership role in Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement (CI) analysis, improvement, implementation and measurement under the guidance of the Director of Revenue Cycle Continuous Improvement. This position will also work directly with facility CFOs, C-suite and directors for facilities with an average monthly gross revenue of $50,000,000-$99,999,999 as the Revenue Cycle department key contact representative to the facility. This position collaborates and works closely with corporate, facility and discipline team leaders to enhance understanding of associated net revenue functions and outcomes. Also provide solutions that will lead to system-wide, standardized best practices in Revenue cycle to the benefit of Banner and operational units while assisting in the implementation of the improvement solutions.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Utilizes Revenue Cycle data to identify leading trends and root cause opportunities to engage key stakeholders in the Revenue Cycle and Clinical operational areas to validate root cause, craft solution, implement improvement and monitor outcome.
2. Reports progress, risks and requests for escalation to facility Executive leadership for Revenue Cycle CI projects and findings.
3. Provides support for facilities with monthly gross revenue of $50,000,000 to $99,999,999 and/or intermediate level complexity of projects.
4. Manages facility specific Revenue Cycle CI initiatives, projections while aligning with enterprise-wide initiatives to ensure standardized best practice and strategic integrity. Ensures coordination with other relevant system leaders in the research, define and design process.
5. Develops materials including communication, training, policies/procedures and monitoring to ensure successful implementation of the improvement solution.
6. Lead facility recurring Continuous Improvement committees to communicate progress, risks, escalations and large project proforma to ensure effectiveness of the CI Program and assist facility leadership in understanding their facility performance, challenges and needs for improvement by addressing root cause process gaps.
7. Provides support, coordination, and education on Revenue Cycle related issues to facility leaders.
8. Position is a corporate based position and functions as a subject matter expert. Supports the achievement of financial goals and performance metrics for system. The work requires advanced leadership, problem solving skills and is involved with identifying and resolving operational problems. Continually develops improvement processes as related to hospital services revenue integrity.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Health Management or related field or equivalent experience.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years of leadership or consulting revenue cycle and revenue integrity experience and knowledge (patient billing/clean claims; health information management; etc.). Requires strong human relations, organizational, process improvement and project management and communication skills as well as demonstrated leadership skills. A strong working knowledge of government payer programs and reimbursement methodologies (CMS, AHCCCS, CHAMPUS) and of managed care programs is essential.
Must have advanced computer skills with strong working knowledge of IT systems, applications and functions from clinical and business perspectives. This position requires the understanding of patient billing systems and business processes in a highly complex environment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13266
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.