· Responsible for the operations of all pharmacy sites of Florida Hospital Heartland Division.
· Participates in required hospital meetings.
· Performs bi-annual inventories of controlled pharmaceuticals for three facilities.
· Prepares annual pharmacy budget for three facilities.
· Provides for necessary staff pharmacist coverage at all three facilities.
· Responsible for drug distribution, control, and accountability.
· Reviews medication misadventures from throughout the hospital and coordinates actions taken with Pharmacy/Nursing Committee.
· Effectively uses own time and ensure efficient use by supervised subordinates.
· Ensures confidentiality in accordance with hospital policy.
· Follows all hospital and department policies.
· Works cooperatively with all members of the work team.
· Ensures positive teamwork within department and between pharmacy and clinical departments.
· Performs annual inventory of controlled and non-controlled pharmaceuticals at three facilities.
· Member of Pharmacy and Therapeutic Committee.
· Is proficient with medication management systems and technologies.
· Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of accredited Pharmacy School
· 3 to 5 years of Hospital Pharmacy Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Consultant Pharmacist License in State of Florida
· Pharmacy License in the State of Florida
The Pharmacy Director is responsible for the procurement, storage, preparation, dispensing, documentation, control, and development of usage guidelines for all drugs used within Florida Hospital Heartland Divison.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.