Location Address: Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
Career growth and advancement potential
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
Corporate Operations: Maintaining a working knowledge of the corporate operations of AdventHealth Information Technology. Compliance may be demonstrated by discussions which reflect a review of and familiarity with provisions of incorporating documents and amendments, material contracts; attendance at board meetings as requested; providing information for maintenance of corporate minute books which contain (at a minimum) pertinent corporate information identified in Departmental policies, etc.
Legislation: Responsible for staying abreast of applicable federal, state and local laws which affect AdventHealth Information Technology, operations and taking appropriate (e.g., preventive, corrective, advisory) action. Compliance may be demonstrated by ongoing review of legislative enactments, issuance of memoranda to personnel, incorporation of recent legislative enactments in legal research and memoranda, and participation in the development of information for the Department’s intranet site.
Guidance: Responsible for advancing the interests of AdventHealth Information Technology while providing an understanding of legal parameters and motivating compliance with legal requirements. Compliance is demonstrated by the content of written memoranda and other documentation. All guidance offered/opinions rendered based on a factual situation/transaction that implicates the tax exempt status of a Primary Facility or involves the applicability of the provisions of the Anti-Kickback Statute (42 U.S.C. Section 1320a-7b(b)), or the Stark Laws (42 U.S.C. Section 1395nn), including applicable regulations, must be offered/ rendered in writing (i.e., oral opinion must be followed up by a written opinion). Guidance offered must reference (where applicable) relevant provisions of corporate compliance plan.
Supervision of Department Administrative Staff: Provide and manage workload of assigned Department administrative staff members.
AdventHealth Information Technology Administration: Communicate with necessary AdventHealth Information Technology personnel for effective contract management oversight and participate in meetings as needed.
What You Will Need:
Juris Doctorate degree and at least 5 years of health information technology experience.
Juris Doctor, and licensed to practice law in the State of Florida (or written documentation of a permitted exception from the Florida Bar).
Health Information Technology legal background that includes HIPAA, GDPR, Cures Act, general privacy and security laws, software licensing experience, and copyright licensing experience.
The individual holding the title of Assistant Chief Legal Officer is charged with the responsibility of:
(1) advising Adventist Health System Sunbelt Healthcare Corporation (the “Corporation”) with respect to legal matters pertaining to the privacy and security of health information and health information technology (“Practice Area”);
(2) keeping informed of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations of the Practice Area that affect the operations of the Corporation and advising appropriate personnel of the significance thereof;
(3) responding in a timely manner to specific requests for legal assistance from the AdventHealth Information Technology executive team and personnel;
(4) attending corporate meetings as requested by the AdventHealth Information Technology executive team or corporate personnel;
(5) coordinating and communicating with other staff members to ensure that the integrity of department systems is maintained;
(6) offering consultations to other attorneys employed within the Legal Services Department (“Department”) for legal advice pertaining to the Practice Area; and
(7) responding to specific requests from the Chief Legal Officer of the Corporation.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.