For the last century, the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry has excelled in preparing lifelong learners who lead the way in global healthcare, research, and education. Our interrelated missions of patient care, education, research, and community health train over 500 graduate students every year, with faculty who are at the forefront of scientific discovery and medical innovation.
The integration of patient care and academics remains at the core of our School's mission. The School of Medicine & Dentistry (SMD) seeks a Senior Director of Operations (Associate Dean) to support this mission, collaborating with Medical Center and University leadership on operational issues. As a member of the SMD Senior Leadership team, the Senior Director of Operations will also provide strategic direction and oversight to the Institute for Innovative Education, which includes decision-making and planning for capital improvements, facilities, space planning and resource/equipment management.
This will be achieved through:
• Providing leadership and operational support to the Institute for Innovative Education, developing the long-term operational vision and systems in partnership with IIE Directors.
• Operationally, managing processes for research equipment and resource needs, technology needs and facilities needs across SMD.
• Serving as an advocate and spokesperson for experiential learning, connecting people and stakeholders to all Institute for Innovative Education services. Will develop a means for measuring and quantifying participation across programs and initiatives as individuals engage in experiential learning.
• Validating business plans proposed by SMD divisions; preparing reports and presentations on progress of SMD for stakeholders.
• Providing guidance and advice to SMD leadership and staff, integrating SMD Education programs with other URMC and University initiatives.
The desired candidate will:
• Have 10 years of relevant experience leading operations in a complex, matrixed environment (operations experience in an academic medical center or research institution preferred)
• Be a collaborator, engaging with and providing guidance to faculty, administrators and staff
• Demonstrate excellent project management, organizational, analytical and presentation skills
The University of Rochester Medical Center is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered healthcare, enriched by education, science and technology. Our Vision is to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment that guides and transforms our approaches to healthcare, education, research and community partnerships.
The University of Rochester is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. The University believes that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill our important missions. The University is committed to fostering and supporting an environment inclusive of people regardless of their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, marital status, age, physical abilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other non-merit fact, so that all employees feel included, equally valued and supported.
UR Medicine is made up of many parts, all devoted to providing highly advanced medical care. Our Mission of “Ever Better” means we improve the well-being of patients and communities by delivering innovative, compassionate, patient and family-centered health care, enriched by education, science and technology.