A position in a Banner Health pharmacy is one you can look forward to. Join an engaging environment of full service, high technology and experience a wide variety of responsibilities. You'll also see how important a pharmacy job is to our ability to make life easier for our patients. Come enjoy great challenges and build both your knowledge of the field and your analytical skills.
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is one of the three AZ Banner facilities received Leapfrog A rating for patient safety. Recently BCGMC was recently recognized by local business community being the best organization in the community. BCGMC is known for being a very friendly work environment known to greet staff and guests in the hallway.
As a member of our the Pharmacy team, you will be using up-to-date practice in a community hospital which has adopted Banner clinical protocols and guidelines. You will work alongside a group of highly motivated pharmacy staff are well recognized by their willingness to change and focus on excellent patient care. BCGMC is also known for having a strong and positive work relationship with nurses and physicians in the patient care areas with decentralized services in nursing units and Emergency department.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care hospital located midway between Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz. The communities around Banner Casa Grande are experiencing significant growth and our hospital is growing with it. In the past five years, a $25 million expansion was completed. Departmental renovations and updates are ongoing, the newest addition being our Interventional Cardiology program. As the newest addition to Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, you'll have access to a vast network of colleagues and expanded access to career opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for leading, developing and coordinating pharmacy operations and services. This position develops services that provide and enhance quality patient care, while promoting fiscal responsibility in the utilization of resources. This position must also adhere to local, state, and federal laws regarding the profession of pharmacy practice. In the acute care setting, must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient's being served and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status, interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements and provide pharmaceutical care based on those needs. In a compounding setting this position will act as an advocate for centralized services and work to further Banner's ability to serve facilities through centralized operations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides leadership and oversight of all pharmacy operations, programs and services within the department. Develops programs, goals and objectives consistent with those of the organizations overall strategic plan and initiatives.
2. Develops operational and capital budgets, manages operating expenses and key indicators within the budget. Develops, implements, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and integrates pharmacy services that contribute to the overall success and financial viability of pharmacy services. Uses creativity in the delivery of services and products in a highly competitive market.
3. Evaluates performance relative to need for improvement of processes to assure the safe and appropriate delivery of medications. Plans, supports and leads quality improvement efforts for relevant pharmacy services. Defines and resolves issues related to medication distribution systems and processes.
4. Manages staff resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring and orienting qualified individuals. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies and ensures opportunities for professional development. Creates a cohesive pharmacy team committed to providing distributive, clinical and service quality to all customers.
5. Develops and monitors applicable policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with state and federal regulatory agency standards. Accurately and completely documents patient assessment data and clinical interventions. In a compounding setting, provides consultative guidance to other leaders across the system on compounding standards and practices.
6. May participate on hospital and medical staff committees and serve as a professional resource for physicians, clinicians and leadership. May also collaborate with physicians and clinicians regarding pharmacy programs and services. In a compounding setting, works across multiple business lines and levels within the organization to understand compounding needs and develop services to meet those needs while remaining in compliance with state and federal regulations.
7. This position is accountable for an effective departmental operation within budgetary constraints through the monitoring, projecting and controlling expenses, and through the promotion of rational, cost-effective utilization of medication therapy. Internal customers include all levels of members of the health care team. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, regulatory agencies, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
A degree in Pharmacy from an accredited College of Pharmacy is required.
Requires current pharmacy licensure in the applicable state of practice within 90 days of hire date. Licensure upon hire may be required based on business needs.
Must possess strong knowledge of pharmacy operations and services as typically demonstrated through five years of progressively more responsible experience in a pharmacy setting and a minimum of at least two years of leadership experience. Must possess strong financial skills, good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Advanced degree, pharmacy residency or Master of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred. Experience in a hospital pharmacy is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.