Location Address:7171 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa, Florida 33614
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Carrollwood
Teamwork driven both inter Dept and multidisciplinary
Positive working climate to support a well-balanced work life balance
You Will Be Responsible For:
Patient Safety Officer
The Patient Safety Officer has primary oversight of the facility-wide patient safety programs. This leadership role directs staff within the organization toward process improvements that support the reduction of medical/ health care errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. In addition, the FHC Patient Safety Officer:
1. Develops, Maintains and Chairs the Patient Safety Council, including maintaining the Patient Safety Dashboard and presenting it to QIC.
2. Conduct, document and maintain FMEA (Failure Mode Event Analysis) as required for regulatory standards.
Provides Oversight for Risk Management Event Analysis, Loss Control Initiative implementation, Risk Management Data Management, and Internal Claims Management program – Hospital Based.
1. Maintains responsibility for all aspects of the risk management program as defined in FS 395.0197.
2. Ensures risk management regulatory compliance with federal and accreditation entities. (such as CMS and TJC)
3. Ensures regulatory compliance through review, investigation, and resolution of the patient complaint/grievance process.
4. Serves as a Risk Management resource to departmental staff, hospital staff, physicians, and other allied health professionals as needed.
5. Ensures risk management data is reported routinely to facility administration and Board of Directors as outlined in AHS Risk Management Program.
6. Coordinates and instructs Business Office personnel to suspend billing pending claim investigation. Authorizes Administrative adjustments if necessary.
7. Direct departmental functions utilizing key performance indicators and extending excellence principles to effectively identify and reduce organizational risk.
Provides Oversight as needed/requested by AHS Risk Management for risk financing and claims management.
1. Identifies known and potential exposures to accidental loss on an ongoing basis.
2. Maintains responsibility for the review of all event reports to ensure potentially compensable events are reported to Adventist Health System (AHS) Risk Management as required.
3. Direct and coordinate claim management program to align with AHS Risk Management operations.
4. Direct internal claims management program and fairly negotiate resolution of GL and HP claims within established settlement authority.
5. Analyzes exposure to loss on an ongoing basis and reports information to administration and facility Board of Directors.
6. Responsible for gathering of underwriting information and insurance specifications at time of renewal for AHS Risk Management.
7. Develop and maintain department(s) budget.
AdventHealth Corporate Responsibility Associate for Carrollwood
Local oversight of compliance standards and initiatives;
1. Maintains effective training & education/orientation
2. Implementation policies & procedures
3. Response to and prevention of compliance related complaints
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Three (3) years plus experience in hospital risk management and demonstrated successes in the field of Health Care.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s Degree in related field
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida Registered Nurse (RN) License.
· Current Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
· Current Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS)
Has primary oversight of the facility-wide patient safety programs. This leadership role directs staff within the organization toward process improvements that support the reduction of medical/ health care errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. Implements, oversees and maintains a comprehensive hospital based internal risk management program that is aligned with Florida Statute 395.0197. The program includes incorporating risk identification analysis, trending, and internal claim management oversight for the hospital and related interests.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.