At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Join the team who works on Banner Health's current and projected needs for clinical positions through innovative academic and community partnerships. Banner Center for Health Careers (BCHC) partners with educators and other organizations within the communities we serve to provide a variety of education assistance programs for individuals pursuing health care degrees. BCHC also manages career and incentive programs for employees and coordinate all onsite student experiences.
Experience with Project Search is highly desired.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for the daily operations and strategy of BCHC to provide educational experiences through clinical and non-clinical rotations, academic partnerships, and program development. The Senior Manager, Health Center Careers will serve as the key contact and is responsible for linking Banner Health to academic and community partners that span across multiple states to ensure the educational and talent pipeline strategy. The role will be responsible for student coordination, Project Search expansion, academic partnerships, and pipeline programs while working closing with clinical education, legal, contracts and risk/compliance.
This position is responsible for the daily performance of a team for an assigned functional area within a facility or other business entity.
1. Provide education experiences that will enable a diverse student population such as APPs, medical students, nursing and allied health students, etc. to obtain knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to practice and complete their chosen degree programs through the coordination and collaboration of internal and external key stakeholders. Acts as a knowledge resource to staff in matters of department processes, technical skills, equipment, supplies and/or regulatory requirements.
2. Develop, modify, and strategize programs to support the student talent pipeline, Project Search expansion, nursing, allied health, medical and professional degreed students. Selects, trains, provides daily direction, and manages the performance of staff. Schedules staff in accordance with department needs, maintains labor expenses within budget guidelines. Sets goals for individuals and for the team. Acts as a mentor and coach and provides development and growth opportunities for staff.
3. Monitors and reviews on a regular basis, clinical and non-clinical experiences including rounding, collaboration with clinical education, facility/clinic leadership while assisting in developing goals, workflow, and special projects. Monitors supplies, equipment and labor resources and stays within budget. Assists in developing goals, targets, and action plans.
4. Assuring compliance and developing/implementing program policies to support the student experience. Coordinate meetings with the nursing, allied health, and medical student academic partners/consortium to evaluate and make recommendations with the designation educational and student service program to ensure policies and guidelines are followed. Identifies, addresses, and communicates opportunities to improve work processes and enable achievement of goals in quality, productivity, and customer satisfaction. Maintains statistics and reports on activity in areas of responsibility when required.
5. Maintains strong industry contacts and relationships and leadership to integrate students into the Banner talent pipeline while preparing, reviewing, and coordinating activities between multiple internal and external service areas. Coordinates and participates in special projects as assigned.
6. Interacts primarily with direct reports, internal and external customers, and senior leadership. Leverages data and best practices to develop a shared strategy with Diversity/Inclusion, Student Experience, and Talent Acquisition. Works under general supervision. Incumbents in this position are accountable for the daily performance of a unit or team. Makes decisions guided by policies and procedures.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required and two to four years' related experience or recruiting experience.
BLS certification may be required.
Must be proficient and have working knowledge in area of service. Must demonstrate effective communication, team building, human relations, and organization skills.
Must be familiar with commonly used office software and/or can learn new software applications if necessary.
Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
Recruitment, strategy, and clinical/non-clinical coordination.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.