Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
Nursing informatics at Banner Health has been spotlighted nationally for the cutting-edge work they are deploying. Join a small team of dedicated people working with clinicians of all types in six states, 30 hospitals, over 300 clinics and 50 urgent cares. Be at the intersection of empathy and technology and make a difference every day.
Nursing Informatics comes to the table wherever technology touches patients and clinicians and data changes outcomes. We are looking for at least a BSN that has Oncology experience. Due to COVID this position is temporarily a Remote position. In the future , this position will require you to at one of our Corporate locations as well as at the Banner facilities as needed.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for leading, directing, planning and controlling the activities and functions of multidisciplinary project teams supporting the clinical informatics systems within a specialty area on a system-wide basis. This position manages the analysis, design, measurement, and creation of strategies for enhancing the usefulness of the informatics system applications supporting the specialty area's clinical requirements. This position maintains a depth and breadth of clinical and management knowledge to advance the clinical profession and support excellence in patient care and care transformation initiatives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports and optimizes clinical information system capabilities to meet the organization's quality patient care goals, operational efficiency, and regulatory compliance across the continuum of care. Optimizes development of clinical and business intelligence systems capable of reporting variables to evaluate patient outcomes, to support research, and operational improvement.
2. Evaluates the clinical functionality of system delivery across multiple venues and intensities of care and adapts existing programs to meet needs of changing environments. Seeks improvement opportunities that potentially improve efficiency and optimize system usage of information systems.
3. Supports and develops implementation strategies for new services, upgrades, and technology enhancements. Leads in the development, delivery, and enhancement of information systems designed to improve efficiency and service excellence by promoting system-wide use of clinical care processes that incorporate evidence-based best practices.
4. Demonstrates leadership skills in organizing and aligning the informatics teams with organizational goals. Collaborates with the Sr Dir of Clinical informatics, CNIO and CMIO for overall planning, development, and implementation of information systems, products, and services, to address the clinical needs of patients and to support the practice of clinicians.
5. Develop informatics capabilities by mentoring and promoting the role of clinical informatics by leading and collaborating with additional informatics teams within evolving changes within the system.
6. Promotes clinical research by supporting enhancements for participant enrollment, data management, data analysis and dissemination of results.
7. Participates in nursing informatics professional organizations. Serves on appropriate committees and workgroups to ensure coordination in systems planning, development, and maintenance.
8. Uses project management methodologies to evaluate the cultural environment of stakeholders, identifies problems, and collaborates on solutions that can be evaluated and measured by success.
9. This position must work collaboratively with a wide variety of clinical, technical, and corporate resources to successfully manage and enhance clinical information systems across the organization. The incumbent must exercise sound judgment and independent decision-making. This position works closely with system, facility, and department administration, providing leadership, knowledge, and tools for reviewing processes and outcomes, identifying improvement opportunities, selection of appropriate improvement approaches, supporting operations management and improvement activities, and assessing the impact of operational changes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing and a minimum of three years in a patient care setting.
Requires a current or temporary Arizona or other compact state Registered Nurse (R.N.) licensure (or the ability to obtain one). Informatics Certification is required within one year of hiring.
Requires working knowledge of the health care environment.
This position requires demonstrated leadership ability and preferred experience in project management methodology. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to conduct a variety of leadership, decision making, and facilitation requirements while maintaining flexible, self-managed and detail-oriented activities is required. Excellent oral and written communications in group and individual situations is essential. Needs demonstrated facilitation, problem-solving, critical thinking, and human relations abilities.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Informatics, Business, Computer Science or related field preferred. Management experience preferred; Informatics certification and Information Technology management experience in a large healthcare environment is strongly preferred along with a proven track record of success.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.