A network with resources for leaders with vision. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of.
A fantastic opportunity at one of the largest well known organizations in Tucson, Arizona the Banner University Medical Center. The Division Administrator, Specialty Servicesfor Periop and Procedural will have responsibility over inpatient clinical areas for the Tucson Academic Division campus focusing on programs, projects, standardization and centralization of services.
The executive leader must have a strong background with a proven track record in running the academic business , operational oversight of Periop and procedural services , solid in finance, capital acquisitions and budgetary planning and accountability, a subject matter expert in operations by leading multiple service lines strategically in partnership and collaboration with campus leaders and strategy partners.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package. University Medical Center Tucson Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research. Also located on the campus is Diamond Children's - recognized for its specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies. Banner - University Medical Center Tucson is a Level 1 Trauma Center, meaning we care for the most critically injured patients. The hospital is consistently listed among the nation's top hospitals in the prestigious Best Hospitals ranking by U.S. News & World Report. The hospital's physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Tucson. Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has primary accountability for producing desired results including financial performance, patient loyalty, growth initiatives, and quality clinical outcomes. Builds and maintains positive relationships with employees, medical staff, and the community. Plans, develops, and oversees growth and improvement of ambulatory services in area of responsibility. Provides oversight and matrix leadership of inpatient operations. Ensures efficient utilization of resources, process development, acquisition of technology, and program development consistent with company initiatives.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs and oversees the day-to-day operations of service line within assigned site(s). Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of the processes and desired outcomes from clinical operations and motivates staff to perform at the highest level. Assures a measurable, outcome-focused, systematic approach to care delivery. Leads development, implementation and evaluation of evidenced based, quality clinical nursing practice consistent with current nursing research, organizational and national practice standards. Responsible for matrix leadership of inpatient operations and partners with inpatient leaders to ensure highest level of effective continuum of coordinated care as possible.
2. Produces results that meet or exceed identified strategic and operational targets through leadership. Assures performance in clinical operations, financial, human resources, quality outcomes, and patient experience meet or exceed established targets. Directs and provides oversight to the management of clinical operations, quality and safety programs, and nursing practice with a focus on results and the evaluation of outcomes data.
3. To assure continued growth the position actively participates in tactical, program and operational planning. Participates in community and industry activities in an effort to enhance community recognition of the company and the medical group, and to obtain cooperation and support of the community on issues that impact the medical group. Positively represents the company and the medical group in the community, garnering desired community support. Assumes a leadership role in collaborating and partnering with other health care providers, services and the community, in philanthropic and outreach activities.
4. Recruits and retains top talent through effective communication, performance management and professional development. Fosters a team environment by instilling a cooperative atmosphere, promoting collaboration and encouraging constructive conflict. Creates and initiates professional plans for direct reports. Communicates with staff in a manner that is respectful of the diversity of workforce and patients/families.
5. Develops and maintains positive relations with the medical staff. Promotes collaboration between system and hospital management and the medical staff. Works with the medical staff to assure the provision of high quality patient health care and desired medical management outcomes.
6. Responsible for maintaining financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin) and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition (maximizing return on investment).
7. Leads the integration of innovation and evidence based findings into practice. Creates an environment supportive of innovative solutions. Assumes a leadership role, in partnership with physician and facility leaders, in managing the quality of services provided across the care delivery continuum and within the larger organization. Demonstrates and directs employees in using a systematic approach in analyzing and utilizing data in problem-solving.
8. Oversees, directs, and ensures reporting for the organization required for participation in grant and research funded projects is accurate, submitted timely, and is communicated to key stakeholders of the entity, division, and system.
9. Reports to Chief Operating Officer and works independently providing leadership and direction to the operations of all in-patient and out-patient activities within the Service Line. This position has full managerial scope and authority for employment actions, including coaching, candidate selection, training and development, performance appraisals, work assignments, and disciplinary action. This position also has budgetary responsibility. Interacts with all levels of senior leadership, public relations, providers, medical support staff, and patients, members of the community and potential partners for expansion.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Minimum qualfications Requires a Master's degree level of knowledge in management, preferably medical group administration coupled with extensive experience in upper management in a healthcare facility, preferably a multi-unit system.
Needs excellent human relations and communications skills to provide leadership and direction in a heavily matrixed organization, along with the ability to manage and coordinate with corporate offices.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.