Good-Men Roofing & Construction is seeking an experienced Director ofFacility Maintenance to oversee and manage all maintenance and repair work for Hospital and surrounding Medical and Dental Clinics in San Diego County. The Program Manager will be responsible for delivering outstanding customer service, positive employee engagement, compliance with all applicable local, state and federal requirements, while ensuring timely, safe and profitable contract performance. This senior level position plays a hands-on role in servicing a O&M contract with the US Army Corps of Engineers. A CHFM certification is required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Manages and leads a team of 15-25 in-house maintenance and support employees
· Ensures timely and accurate delivery of all required Government and Company reports/deliverables
· Responsible for ensuring timely delivery of all required Government and Company training, certifications, and personnel development
· Responsible for various Human Resource duties to include but not limited to payroll, hiring, terminations, employee recognition and discipline, performance reviews, conflict resolution, etc.
· Responsible for effective inventory management and control of government/company furnished parts, tools, keys, uniforms, equipment, and furnishings
· Responsible for developing work schedules for employee’s while maintaining compliance with current and future collective bargaining agreements
· Responsible for ensuring procurement all parts, supplies and materials required for contractual compliance and operational fulfillment while meeting company and government small business utilization requirements
· Responsible for effectively managing various subcontractor disciplines to ensure compliance with scope of work, safety, environmental and quality control
· Responsible for negotiation and coordination of all required subcontractor and vendor services
· Responsible for the safety of all personnel on job, including subcontractor personnel and vendors
· Keeps current on applicable government healthcare regulations and commercial trends, including monitoring contract requirements to ensure compliance with Joint Commission, Life Safety, Environment of Care, NFPA and other federal regulations in a healthcare environment
· Coordinates the contract’s progress toward achieving company affirmative action and compliance with wage and salary standards
· Other duties as assigned
· Attend and participate in various meetings with NHCP staff and others to support the development of MAP projects
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
· Must have high school diploma or GED
· Requires skills and abilities to foster cohesive teamwork and partnership between the various military, government, and contractor personnel
· Requires comprehensive understanding of contract scope of work and required deliverables
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience managing and supervising a major hospital facility operation and maintenance program, including the supervision of a diversified work force responsible for operation and maintenance, repair, minor construction, and sustainment
· Must have two (2) years’ experience in quality control supervision in a healthcare setting
· Must have in depth knowledge of various codes and standards applicable to the O&M tasks covered by the performance work statement, NFPA, EPA & OSHA codes and Joint Commission Health Accreditation Standards
· Experience includes direct engagement of at least two (2) full TJC surveys in a major hospital facility and or five (5) years’ experience with TJC documentation and compliance
· CHFM certifications required
· Must obtain OSHA 10/30-hour safety course certification within 90 days of hire or have current certification
· Demonstrate skills in objective problem-solving and decision-making
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite to include MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong written and oral communication skills in English
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Role may require overnight travel
· Role may require varying work schedule
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
· Be able to stand, push, pull, bend, kneel, and stretch for extended period of time
· Moderate exposure to elements such as heat, cold, noise, dust, dirt, chemicals, etc. but not to the point of being disagreeable
· Be able to lift 25 lbs
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Good-Men Roofing & Construction, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. Good-Men Roofing & Construction, Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, and as such, we request priority protected veteran referrals. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Section 3 employees are encouraged to apply.
Internal Number: 1
About Good-Men Roofing & Construction
Good-Men Roofing & Construction is a San Diego based commercial general contractor focused on providing the highest quality construction (design build, as built, and tenant improvement), roofing (installation, repair, and removal), and operations and maintenance services to clients. In addition to providing the highest quality, we pride ourselves with being good stewards, serving as a strategic partner with our clients rather than just another contractor. We look to hire and train innovative, self-starters who are motivated to deliver quality results. Our goal is to complete quality projects ahead of schedule and within budget by utilizing the expertise of all members of our team to the fullest.