$34.70/hr - $57.83/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
At Banner Health, we set leaders up to succeed. We ensure leaders have the staff and resources their vision requires. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Colorado is packed full of things to do year-round. From family attractions, national parks and outdoor adventure to cosmopolitan cities and welcoming towns, Colorado offers unparalleled hiking, camping, rafting, hunting, fishing, farm-to-table dining, a rich cultural heritage with festivals and live music and so much more.
McKee Medical Center is a 132-bed, acute-care hospital in Loveland, Colo., a vibrant arts community located 40 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park. Our hospital offers an array of inpatient and outpatient services including medical, obstetrical, pediatric, orthopedic, surgical, heart, cancer, and critical care. The McKee Cancer Center and McKee Breast Center are among Northern Colorado's leading cancer diagnosis and treatment facilities. McKee is also a Level III trauma center. We are the only hospital in the Rocky Mountain region to be designated an Epicenter for robotic-assisted gynecological surgery by Intuitive Surgical, the manufacturer of the daVinci surgical robot. Our physicians, nurses and other health care professionals can train on state-of-the-art computerized patient simulation mannequins in our simulation center. McKee is accredited by The Joint Commission.
POSITION SUMMARY This position promotes and provides optimal care of the patient through leadership, coordination and development of processes related to a specialized service. Assists other leaders to establish, oversee, conduct and evaluate quality improvement for both the service and patient care. Enhances the program though coordination of daily operations, activities and associations with other departments, services and referral facilities. Oversees and ensures compliance with local, state or national organizations for certification/validation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees ongoing daily operations. Researches and recommends changes and improvements. Oversees resource utilization regarding staff, finances, equipment and supply needs.
2. Develops and maintains a comprehensive, effective patient care program which meets industry standards. Ensures compliance with standards for verification or re-verification process and state certification process when required by clinical specialty.
3. Collaborates with other departments regarding issues and practices as they relate to the department. Ensures appropriate service interaction and communication with all staff, customers and agencies internally and externally. Represents the department at management/leadership meetings as required. Coordinates relevant Committee meetings.
4. Oversees data collection systems and processes, from collection to report production, to provide statistical data regarding the program and patient outcomes. Oversees community education and prevention programs, including outreach. Validates accuracy and current status of all protocols and operational guidelines.
5. Oversees patient/practice quality improvement and departmental quality standards. Monitors care patterns for consistency with established protocols and opportunities for process improvement.
6. Directs patients and case review, abstraction and coding of patient data, standardizing practice guidelines, development of other specialty care programs as needs are identified. Facilitates continuing education team personnel, including in-house education, conferences, CME and orientation to program processes.
8. Assists in development of operational and capital budgets.
9. This is a highly matrixed position required to influence patien care outcomes and patient satisfaction by collaborating across multiple services and medical specialties. Uses knowledge and observation of area to suggest improvements to processes. Verifies processes/procedures will meet governmental standards and works to influence change to remove any variances. Internal customers: All facility staff, management and physicians. External customers: Patients, governmental agencies and staff of other healthcare facilities.
Knowledge and experience equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in Nursing.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. BLS certification required (or specialized life support certification depending on specialty).
Minimum of five years clinical experience in a high patient acuity area including experience in related areas specific to clinical specialty. Computer skills including basic office software (word processing, spreadsheets, presentations). Demonstrate proficient interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, professional interaction with all individuals and public organizations. Ability to provide departmental leadership, training and staff development.
Additional certification(s) specific to clinical specialty. Advanced Life Support certification(s) depending on specialty area. Prior experience and knowledge of the principles of health care program design, development, and implementation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.