Location Address:3100 East Fletcher Avenue Tampa, Florida 33613
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Tampa
Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute, known across the country for its advances in cardiovascular disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and research.
Surgical Pioneers – the first in Tampa with the latest robotics in spine surgery
Building a brand new, six story surgical and patient care tower which will ensure state of the art medical and surgical car for generations to come
Awarded the Get With The Guidelines – Stroke GOLD Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association and have been recognized as a recipient of their Target: Stroke Honor Roll for our expertise in stroke care. We have also received certification by The Joint Commission in collaboration with the American Stroke Association as a Primary Stroke Center.
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates AIDET compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to FHT standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30 and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and, completes meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with FHT corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will complete monthly variance report with appropriate action plans.
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets.
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units. Validation by decreased LWOT percentage, and acceptable transfer times and daily discharge times.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
· Continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates, to be submitted monthly. Will implement strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports on a monthly basis.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirements.
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Associates degree in Nursing or related field
· Three years of experience in clinical specialty. Must have at least two years of experience in working in a leadership role
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current RN or APRN license to work in state of Florida
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
· Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP, NIHSS) per specialty/unit requirements
The Nurse Manager supervises, coordinates and performs patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. Supports Acute Care Services by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit/units to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.