Director Clinical Outcomes AdventHealth Orlando FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
• Full Time - Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
The Director of Clinical Outcomes is a registered professional nurse with comprehensive responsibility for the assessment, problem identification, outcome identification, planning, implementation, and coordination of all processes which impact the quality and quantity of care delivered to the patients of specific age groups identified by the standards of care. The Director assures evaluation of clinical care processes and patient outcomes and directs plans that lead to consistent positive patient outcomes. The Director provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice both in the clinical unit and the organization. The Director communicates with all levels of clinical staff, interdisciplinary teams, executive leaders, and other stakeholders to drive accountability and consistency. This leader is a collaborator with strong emotional intelligence and directs the overall nursing care delivery and clinical performance, ensuring standardization of practice and alignment with organizational strategies. The Director of Clinical outcomes drives performance metrics, analyzes data trends, and coaches nursing teams to improve performance. This leader is involved in all state and federal regulatory compliance requirements and visits. The Director evaluates current programs, leads improvement strategies, and develops business plans that optimize performance. Informs and advises the region/corporate and campus leaders by participating in applicable committees/taskforces as needed. The Director acts as an advocate for the protections and rights of individuals, families, communities, populations, healthcare providers, nursing, other professions, institutions, and organizations, especially related to health and safety. The Director accepts organizational accountability for services provided to recipients and participates in planning the success of patient experience and outstanding customer service activities. The Director promotes a learning environment that is open, respectful, and promotes the sharing of expertise to promote the benefits of health outcomes. The Director develops both unit activities that support the elements of extending excellence. Has knowledge of and adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan, related practice standards such as the ANA Code of Ethics, the ANA Scope and Standard for Nursing Practice, State Board of Nursing Practice Act, the AONE Nurse Executive Competencies, and the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. In addition, the Director actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Orlando’s service standards.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY:
· Direct operational responsibility for the oversight and evaluation of clinical outcomes and clinical process measures for standardization working with staff and leaders for consistent positive patient outcomes.
· Drives performance metrics, analyzes data trends, and coaches nursing teams to improve performance. Engage campus nursing staff and leadership to be accountable for high quality practice.
· Manages all campus performance improvement activities related to clinical outcomes. Develop and/or conducts PRC (Performance Review Committees) as needed.
· Responsible for the successful implementation and sustainment of processes in patient care areas that support clinical teams to be able to deliver high quality, compassionate care.
· Collaborates with ACS team on a regular basis to ensure strategies are aligned. Provides support to the clinical team for implementation and deployment of projects.
· Chairs/Co-Chairs ED Core and Clinical Regulatory Specialist/Educator meetings.
· Provides structure and guidance for the Clinical Regulatory Specialist.
· Provides leadership in the delivery of care and nursing practice for the Emergency Service line.
· Direct accountable for assuring compliance with state and federal regulatory bodies. Provides evidence of performance with DNV and other regulatory requirements. Operationalizes and assures compliance with Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Center for Disease and Prevention (CDC) and Patient Safety regulations at the campus level. Adheres to applicable practice standards that relate to their area of specialty.
· Direct responsibility for state and regulatory readiness and
· Leads and coordinates all campus regulatory agency visits (planned and unplanned).
· Supports at the System level with regulatory agency visits (planned and unplanned).
· Monitors the accuracy of the ED Regulatory log of patients registered for care.
OPERATING & CAPITAL BUDGET/FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY:
· Analyzes financial statements, manages financial resources, and educates team members on financial implications of patient care decisions. Reads and interprets benchmarking, financial, and occupancy data.
STRATEGIC PLANNING RESPONSIBILITY:
· Effectively communicates strategic plans with patients, families, employees, physicians and other department leaders.
· Accomplishes objectives, celebrates successes, and communicates a shared vision for the organization.
· Coordinates multi-disciplinary teams to develop plan of care’s for patients utilizing the ED. Connects patients with community resources for care.
PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT RESPONSIBILITY:
· Evaluates current programs, leads improvement strategies, and develops business plans that optimize performance.
· Collaborates with campus leaders and stakeholders to assist departments in assuring teams have the resources needed to deliver care. Appropriately escalates needs to campus leadership.
· Administrative analysis of care delivery to ensure efficiency and affordability.
· Acts as a change agent, utilizing change theory to plan for the implementation of organizational change, supports staff during the change, and adapts leadership style to the situations of the change.
· Provides feedback, instructions, and developmental guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities.
· Allocates decision making authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate levels of leadership to maximize the organization’s and individual’s effectiveness.
· Creates an environment in which others are setting expectations and holding each other accountable; professional and personal growth is an expectation.
What you will need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
· Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to lead teams through process changes and sustainment.
· Effective computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel
· Competency in personal leadership abilities
· Ability to develop and mentor others to their optimum levels of skill and professionalism
· Business and human resources skills as they relate to assigned areas of service
· Competency regarding communication and relationship building
· Leadership skills through timely, appropriate decisions and organizational ability with appropriate priority setting.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Knowledge of regulatory standards (CMS, OSHA, Specialty Standards)
· Change Management training
· Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) or relevant field
· Master’s degree in Nursing or relevant field
· Five (5) years’ experience in nursing
· Two (2) years’ experience in leadership roles in a comparable health care entity
· Experience in the clinical setting related to area(s) of specialty
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid state of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.