Location Address:4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
Largest Employer in the County
Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
Close knit community with a hometown family feel
2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Local arts scene from museums and theaters to festivals and galleries
Local restaurants with the authentic taste of Florida
Near 100+ clear, freshwater lakes. Ideal for swimming, boating and fishing
Beautiful agriculture and farmland
Sebring is known for motorsports and home to the famous Sebring International Raceway
Nature and hiking trails
Full Time – Nights
You Will Be Responsible For:
Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers-in person or on
Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other
Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
Promotes and validates TWCE/Leader Rounding compliance.
Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
Adheres to hospital standards for dress and professional appearance.
Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
Participates in 30, 60 and 90-day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
• Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
• Complies with hospital corrective action process.
• Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Monitors Visionware daily and
collaborates with Nurse Manager/Director on completing monthly variance report and formulating
action plan when necessary.
• Rounds on patients and family members. Provides service recovery when necessary.
• Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
• Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
• Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
• Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments.
• In collaboration with the Nurse Manager/Director, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates.
Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
• Complete and submit departmental reports monthly.
• Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
• Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
• Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and
• Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
• Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement
Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
Minimum of two years acute care nursing experience
Valid RN License
BLS, ACLS within 6 months of hire
Bachelors of Science in Nursing within 3 years
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness. The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure chartingwithin the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients' diagnosis, plan of care and coremeasures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs. Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.