Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Responsibilities include providing leadership for patient care and support services, communicating objectives, and coordination efforts to integrate these services throughout the hospital, improving performance by establishing expectations, plans and priorities; managing performance improvement processes within the department and implementing processes to measure, assess, and improve the performance of management, clinical and support process; teaching and coaching staff and Clinical Coordinators.
· Accountable for driving patient experience within the department to the 75th percentile by working collaboratively with the staff and patient experience team.
· Accountable for hiring and retaining qualified personnel through effective job design, recruitment, retention, development, and performance management programs and processes
· Accountable for budgetary planning and financial performance of the department, as set with Leadership
· Accountable for driving employee engagement to above the 75th percentile
· Accountable for maintaining department quality metrics and ensuring that all quality measures are completed with a timely manner.
· Collaborate with the team and support the vision of nursing and our organization
· Ensure the patient throughput within the unit/organization is optimized
· Review of payroll and time and attendance for each department weekly
· Review Vision Ware/CPA/statistical reports as required
· Maintain Administrative and Departmental communication Boards/initatives
· Accountable for following regulatory standards (The Joint Commission, OSHA, Specialty Standards)
· Develops outstanding rapport and works well with physicians, hospital leadership and staff
· Completes annual/30/90 day evaluations as required
· Responsible scheduling of the department
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Must have excellent customer service/communication skills
· Must be able to maintain focus on Patient Experience
· Ability to communicate effectively and present information to both large and small groups
· Computer knowledge and skills. Cerner medical record experience preferred.
· Maintain clinical competencies and is able to fully assist at the bedside.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
· Two or more years of recent experience in Surgical Services
· Progressive nursing leadership experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Graduate of Accredited Nursing School
· Charge experience, lead, clinical coordinator or nurse manager experience is preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current Florida state Registered Nurse licensure
· Current American Heart Association BLS, ACLS, PALS
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certified Nurse Operating Room
· Leadership Certification
The Nurse Manager (NM) is responsible for daily operations and inclusive of staffing and patient flow in the assigned unit(s). The NM must be able to assist as needed at the bedside and maintain clinical competencies. The NM designs, directs, integrates, coordinates the nursing care for the respective services, inclusive of specific age groups dependent on the service standard of care. Incumbent in the position are the leadership responsibilities for providing collaborative processes to facilitate development of the hospital’s mission, vision, and values within the department. Assist Leadership with strategic planning and operational plans, service designs, resource allocation and organizational policies.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.