Position Overview: Primary Care serves as the cornerstone for building a strong healthcare system that ensures positive health outcomes and health equity, and the Clinical Service Director is responsible for cultivation of a care delivery system modeled after the quadruple aim, in partnership with Medical and Operational leadership. Under the direction of the Chief Clinical Officer and/or designee, the Clinical Service Director assumes clinical and operational responsibility as well as fiscal responsibility for his/her assigned areas incorporating CareMount Medical policies, goals and long range plan. The Clinical Service Director works collaboratively with the Chief Clinical Officer, Department Heads, and other administrators to provide leadership, direction and management for the Patient Care Managers to ensure quality patient care and services in the Adult Primary Care service line clinical areas.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMAND:
* Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
* Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
* Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITONS:
* May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office/healthcare environment. Requires use of computer, potentially for long periods of time.
* Subject to irregular or flexible hours to meet deadlines.
Clinical Certification or licensure required or 4 plus years of clinical management experience
* Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with current licensure as a nurse in New York State and current NYS registration in good standing
* BS in related field, i.e. Health Care/Business Administration or related experience in lieu thereof.
NOTE: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It is not intended to serve, as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified.
I. PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS
A. CLINICAL PRACTICE/PATIENT CARE
1. Responsible for excellence in the clinical practice and the delivery of patient care;
2. Assesses and identifies the needs for and assists with program development;
3. Develops and maintains an environment that supports excellent in clinical practice.;
4. Maintains a high level of clinical excellence in his/her specialty;
5. Acts as a resource and role model for Patient Care Managers and clinical staff in the delivery of patient care;
6. Collaborates with Chief Clinical Officer, Patient Care Managers, Department Heads and Physicians to support excellence in the patient care delivery system throughout CareMount Medical;
7. Develops and reviews policies, procedures and standards of care to assure excellence in patient care, and compliance with any applicable regulatory or accrediting agencies.
B. FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
1. Participates in the preparation, monitoring, analyzing and maintenance of annual salaries, OTPS, and capital budgets for all departments;
2. Collaborates with Senior Director of Operations & Chief Nursing Officer to determine capital, salaries and OTPS needs for new MDs and programs;
3. Monitors P&L statements monthly and collaborates with Patient Care Managers regarding variances from budget allotments;
4. Maintains communication with Senior Director of Operations & Chief Nursing Officer regarding all budgetary issues.
1. Maintains open lines of communication with administration, directors, patient care managers and other CareMount Medical personnel, within and between departments--even during periods of heightened stress;
2. Acknowledges and addresses patients, staff, and managers in a friendly and positive manner.
3. Maintains open lines of communication with non-CareMount Medical physicians, administrators, and other community agencies and services;
4. Maintains confidentiality of all information obtained from patient records and conversations with patients/significant others, physicians, managers, and other CareMount Medical personnel.
5. Uses discretion and sensitivity during all patient interactions;
6. Uses a non-judgmental approach when talking with patients , staff, and coworkers;
7. Uses available electronic email/computer systems to communicate inter-and intra-departmentally as per departmental and/or CareMount Medical protocol(s).
D. TEACHING AND EDUCATION
1. Uses clinical and professional management knowledge and skills to educate patient care managers and others effectively (e.g., via written information, face-to-face communication, phone communication
2. Continuously evaluates the results of education and modifies the teaching plan based on outcomes;
3. Designs and implements educational activities that are appropriate and consistent with CareMount Medical policies and practice, and which supports excellence in patient care.
E. ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
1. Work area reflects neat and organized work habits;
4. Uses time, supplies, and human resources effectively and efficiently.
1. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation of interactions with managers and staff as per CareMount Medical policies;
2. Completes annual performance evaluations of Patient Care Managers within timeframe established by CareMount Medical policies;
3. Completes all necessary Human Resources forms (Request for Personnel, Payroll Change Form, etc.) accurately and in a timely manner.
1. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent/emergent or unexpected clinical or administrative events arise in order to maintain both the smooth functioning of the department(s) and patient/personnel safety;
2. Serves as a catalyst for maintaining excellent in patient care and improving standards of practice;
3. Demonstrates leadership skills through the ability to set and attain goals;
4. Serves as an effective role model for professional conduct and professional practice (e.g., maintaining composure during times of increased stress
5. Serves as an effective preceptor to new managers and staff as needed;
6. Encourages staff development through providing opportunities and mentoring to achieve individual growth and development;
7. Actively participates in a variety of administrative weekly monthly meetings.
1. Demonstrates self-direction, accountability, sound judgment, and ethical behavior in all activities;
2. Demonstrates patient advocacy;
3. Maintains a commitment to the spirit of inquiry as evidenced by a clinical knowledge base that remains current and reflects understanding of relevant clinical research findings;
4. Participates in professional conferences, workshops, continuing education programs, and/or pertinent professional organizations;
5. Reads current, clinically applicable professional and managerial journals.
6. Attends mandatory conferences/in-services in order to maintain (active) NYS registration, in good standing with the NY State Education Department if applicable,
II. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITES OF ALL PATIENT CARE SERVICES EMPLOYEES
A. Arrives to work on time or notifies Senior Director of Operations & Chief Nursing Officer and/or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that he/she will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol;
B. Maintains an acceptable attendance records as per CareMount Medical policies and procedures;
C. Attends all mandatory CareMount Medical programs and in-services as required and applicable;
D. Dresses according to CareMount Medical dress code;
E. Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, and complying with information contained in the current CareMount Medical Employee Handbook, CareMount Medical Administrative Policy & Procedure Manual;
F. Maintains confidentiality under all circumstances;
G. Performs related work as required.
Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. CareMount will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
CareMount Medical, P.C. is New York State’s premier multispecialty medical group, providing comprehensive care of the highest quality to over 665,000 patients. CareMount has more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. CareMount’s 650 physicians and advanced practice professionals cover more than 50 medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class medical institutions, including Massachusetts General Hospital and Northwell Health. CareMount offers on-site laboratory/radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. CareMount physicians are featured in respected Top Doctors and Best Doctors listings, nationally and regionally. For additional information please visit: www.caremountmedical.com.