Due to continuing expansion, Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has created a new Middleware System Manager position to support the department of Pathology, Microbiology, and Immunology (PMI), including the Divisions of Anatomic Pathology, Comparative Medicine, Hematopathology, Laboratory Medicine, Molecular Pathogenesis, Neuropathology, and Renal Pathology.
The Middleware System Manager will have responsibilities for oversight of the Enterprise-wide, middleware applications and will work closely with vendors and diagnostic lab administration across the enterprise to maintain these systems, which includes new build, maintenance, upgrades, training, troubleshooting, and available business analytics.
Additional responsibilities include creating product design specifications and performing form build and application content configuration for a set of products, independently. The Lab Middleware System Manager may lead projects as the technical expert for the set of products. The Lab Middleware System Manager defines reports and queries, as well as resolves complex break/fix workflow issues.
Defines reports and queries.
Monitors product at application level.
Performs Application Content Configuration.
Resolves break/fix workflow issues.
Supports form build.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
TVC, Full-Time, Exempt, 1st Shift, Monday-Friday
Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) has been rated the #1 Hospital in Nashville and the state of Tennessee by the US News & World Report. VUMC's Diagnostic Laboratories are undergoing an exciting time of change, including a planned expansion to a new state-of-the-art 110,000 sq ft laboratory. This, along with an established Professional Advancement Ladder (PAL), provides additional opportunities for growth within our system. VUMC is an academic medicine environment, providing team members frequent interaction with clinical teams and exposure to complex and novel infectious cases.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning, and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education, and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES: PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE (INTERMEDIATE):- Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully developing or supporting applications for the product without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to educate and train others regarding the process.
PROBLEM MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting in practical applications of a difficult nature. Assures that the proper people receive problem reports as soon as detected. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering Incident Tracking and Problem Reporting products and services without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving technical instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates a conceptual and business understanding of this topic, as well as related topics. Able to quickly and accurately discuss the impact of new technology, platforms, and design criteria on this topic. Knowledgeable of the major business units which use applications in this topic. Understands and monitors appropriate key business indicators as they may apply to enhancements to the system. Able to communicate with users and customers regarding various business functions and how they fit into this topic in an easily understood manner.
CONFIGURATION PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates ability to forecast complex resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for multi-faceted plans. Merges diverse points of view into a coalition with shared goals and objectives. Plans for and anticipates events outside of immediate responsibility. Identifies relevant stakeholders and gains their commitment. Anticipates problems and obstacles before they arise. Sets priorities with a proper sense of urgency and importance. Develops creative ideas and takes innovative action to achieve planned goals and objectives.
Organizational Impact: Independently delivers on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of own area/team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems; may take a new perspective on existing solution.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has advanced knowledge within a professional area and basic knowledge across related areas.
Team Interaction: Acts as a go-to resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small project teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P3):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P3):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.