Director of Facilities & Maintenance, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2213667
Director of Facilities & Maintenance, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and controls the activities of the Facility Services Department to provide repair, maintenance, and security services necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the hospital and other facilities, and to maintain a comfortable, secure and efficient physical environment for patients, employees, medical staff and the public, in accordance with policies, procedures, standards and practices set forth by the company, the State Department of Public Health and other local, community, and governmental agencies. Also administers construction/renovation projects. Directs and manages the Environmental Services Department in such a way to maintain the hospital's environment in a sanitary, attractive and orderly condition.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M4):
- Develops Self and Others: Acts upon constructive feedback from all levels of the organization and initiates strategies to develop talent in others.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Leverages relationships and insight to forecast potential future needs and influence delivery of work to exceed expectations.
- Communicates Effectively: Anticipates different audience concerns, styles and finds mutually beneficial solutions across conflicting and sensitive issues.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of broad-based issues and considers the interests of others to improve satisfaction of services.
- Solves Complex Problems: Critically evaluates complex information and identifies trends/ risks to make recommendations to improve processes across areas.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing feedback and development discussions to motivate and support team members to maximize performance.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Anticipates problems or obstacles which may interfere with quality standards and develops plans to ensure area's quality standards are met.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Routinely draws upon valuable learning from others, past experiences, and new information to determine key opportunities.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Develops appropriate corrective actions for unsafe environments in order to ensure operational and safety compliance.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Identifies potential obstacles to goal achievement and develops solutions to address those obstacles.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Creates the appropriate systems and processes to effectively manage resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Applies in-depth knowledge of data to recommend and implement new approaches to improve decision making capabilities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M4):
- Generates New Ideas: Identifies opportunities and leads development of new initiatives that create value across areas .
- Applies Technology: Creates the energy and drive for self/others to identify and leverage technology in new, innovative ways to drive greater efficiencies.
- Adapts to Change: Anticipates the change process and clearly communicates impact on others/own team(s), assisting them in embracing the change.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Bedford County Hospital:
Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital is your community healthcare provider: a 60-bed facility with a comprehensive range of inpatient, outpatient, medical, and surgical services.
Acquired by Vanderbilt Health in 2021, the hospital is the sole provider of inpatient medical services for Bedford County. We believe in the power of people to create great care. With more than 32 doctors and 250 hospital staff, Vanderbilt Bedford Hospital delivers personalized, high-quality health care close to home, in a modern, patient-friendly environment.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.