You have a place in the health care industry. If you???re looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference ??? and real change in the health care industry ??? you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Wyoming Medical Center seeks to transform the lives of those we serve by fostering the highest level of health and wellness in our community and across our region and state.??
Our Ambulance Service team is looking for a driven professional to join the team! As the Director of Ambulance Services you would help lead and guide our ambulance services team, through operational efficiencies, partnerships, and strategy. This position would work with our Casper crew, as well as the crew in Wheatland.
If you're a professional with pre-hospital care experience, and you're wanting a great team to join, Apply Today.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Banner Wyoming Medical Center is located in the heart of Casper Wyoming. As the state's largest inpatient facility, Wyoming Medical Center is known and highly regarded for its cardiac and stroke services. With 249 beds and a level 2 trauma center, Wyoming Medical Center is proud to serve the entire state of Wyoming.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides overall leadership of Ambulance Services and related strategic initiatives and manages key community partnerships. Leadership responsibilities include oversight of business operations, alignment of key community partnerships that bring strategic value to the organization, capital purchases, strategic planning and development, and facilitating a positive image of the practices within the business community. Serves as a liaison to affiliate services, both contracted and non-contracted, and provides related service contract oversight. Manages the purchasing, receiving, storage, delivery and distribution of materials, medications, equipment and supplies for the department. Utilizes effective interpersonal skills and demonstrate behavior consistent with system standards. Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient???s being served. Adheres to local, state, and federal laws regarding ambulance services and practices.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Directs the operations of the Department of Ambulance/Paramedic Services. Develops services, programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization???s overall strategic plan and initiatives and standard professional practices while ensuring continuous, accurate, timely and cost-effective services.
2. Develops and manages operational and capital budgets. Develops, implements, coordinates, monitors, evaluates and integrates ambulance services that contribute to the overall success and financial viability of ambulance/paramedic services. Uses creativity in the delivery of services and products in a highly competitive market.
3. Provides appropriate representation at meetings and on hospital committees. Serves as a professional resource for staff and administration. Collaborates with Medical Staff and Clinical Staff regarding ambulance/paramedic programs and services.
4. Continually evaluates performance relative to need for improvement of processes to assure safe and appropriate delivery of services. Plans, develops, and leads Quality Improvement efforts for relevant ambulance/paramedic services.
5. Manages staff resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring and orienting qualified individuals. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies and ensures opportunities for professional development. Creates a cohesive team committed to providing quality service to all customers.
6. Manages staff resources by overseeing the recruiting, selecting, hiring and orienting qualified individuals. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Develops core position hiring strategies and ensures opportunities for professional development. Creates a cohesive team committed to providing quality service to all customers.
7. This position serves as a leader for ambulance services and is responsible for developing these services to fit the organization???s mission, vision and values, and ensuring operational goals are clearly communicated and measured. This position is accountable for an effective departmental operation within budgetary constraints through the monitoring, projecting and controlling expenses, and through the promotion of rational, cost-effective utilization of ambulance/paramedic services. Internal customers may include patients, nurses, department leaders, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national organizations, applicable regulatory agencies, colleagues and peers.
Must possess strong knowledge of ambulance service administration as normally obtained through a Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Medical Services, Health Care Administration or equivalent and successful completion of an accredited pre-hospital care paramedic certificate program or equivalent experience.
Ambulance Attendance licensure as required by state regulations. Must obtain a minimum of EMT-I within six months of hire. Must possess a valid driver???s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Minimum of seven years progressive experience in the pre-hospital and/or emergency services field, including at least three years in a leadership position. Must possess excellent oral communications skills, as well as skill in problem analysis, project management, contract negotiation, conflict resolution and oral/written presentation. Basic knowledge of budgeting principles and practices. Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.