Great careers start with great training. The people of Banner Health are focused on delivering excellent care to our patients. In return, we are committed to excellence in personal development for all our team members. Apply today.
As a Practice Manager for Gastroenterology and Endocrinology, you will help provide exceptional patient care with the rest of our Banner medical providers. Bring your dedication and determination to succeed. You will have a daily opportunities to learn new things and utilize your decision making skills to make a difference in the lives in our patients. This position is located at our Chandler Health Center for GI and will have future growth once established with our East Valley Endocrinology team and our Casa Grande GI Clinic. If your management skills include being collaborative, a good communicator, likes to be challenged, and likes to work in a fast paced environment??? then our GI/Endo team is for you!!!!
In this role as a Practice Manager in GI and Endocrinology, you will be able to structure overview, facility tours, briefings on operations/finances/Quality & Patient Experiences, establish strategies with key stakeholders. You will be able to incorporate your skills with updates on projects/statuses, team recognition routines, corrective actions when needed, learning pathways, Vacancy management views, VOICE Survey, and Diversity and Inclusion. Your business management side will help with financial acumen over site and implications, budget process overview, data and dashboards, ??employee relation data overviews, and call with providers. This PM will be key in connecting clinical and non-clinical teams in multiple locations once established.
This clinic has 4 GI Providers and 1 on-call provider, future GI APPs, one Endo provider with an incoming provider next summer, and one GI provider in our Casa Grande Health Center.
Hours: Mon-Fri 8a-5p (flexibility with meetings)
24 hours call with providers
Position sits at the Alma School clinic in Chandler.
1125 S. Alma School Rd., Chandler, AZ
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position manages the day-to-day operations of an outpatient clinic or health center and takes complete ownership for the successful operations including financial, employee engagement and retention, and patient experience. Responsible for ensuring that high quality patient care and customer service is delivered in the most financially efficient way. Works in a strong dyad or triad relationship with the physician practice lead(s) and/or clinical leadership on staff, leader and provider recruitment, development and retention. Collaborates with all Banner leaders in the market and the medical group to provide seamless and integrated service to our patients. Partners with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships /relations and seeks new ways to work together that builds Banner???s market share and brand. Partners with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion which includes responsiveness to requests for information from PR/Marketing; identifying and securing providers for media relations opportunities; and providing staff for events that drive exposure/outreach in the community.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Responsible for strong financial performance through ensuring proper controls and practices are followed and documented to secure the financial viability of the practice. Prepares and executes budget; monitors and approves payroll, ordering of supplies, and inventory. Also ensures accurate charge capture.
2. Provides exceptional leadership and promotes teamwork and collaboration. Creates an environment that supports high employee and physician engagement. Strategically selects, on boards, continuously develops, rewards, retains, and provides transparent performance feedback to all staff, leaders, and physicians. Maintains competencies to function in any of the staff roles as needed in order to support efficient operations. If in a clinical capacity, the incumbent must possess the appropriate licensure to function in the role.
3. Ensures compliance for various accrediting bodies and government agencies and performs all necessary reviews, audits, education, and training to maintain compliant status. Serves as the compliance liaison in designated practices.
4. Determines physical maintenance and equipment needs and repairs and coordinates with internal or external resources. Resolves problems relating to the physical plant on a day-to-day basis to ensure the environment support our employee???s engagement and meets our patients??? expectations.
5. Collaborates with market manager to build and maintain community partnerships and relationships to attract new customers, retain existing customers and support Banner???s desired brand positioning. Partner with Public Relations and Marketing to support location, provider and/or specialty promotion.
6. Continuously monitors the operations and workflow and revises operational procedures as necessary, in alignment with system practices, to ensure efficiency and drive extraordinary results. Constantly identifies and implements areas for improvement and efficiencies including identified quality indicators. Develops and maintains a culture of safety in order to prevent or reduce errors and improve quality for patients, providers, and staff.
7. Provides highest level of patient experience by ensuring data is monitored on a regular basis and staff are constantly exhibiting behaviors and services that our patients expect and deserve. Coach staff as appropriate to optimize the patient experience and lead by example creating a personalized experience for customers. Proactively leads service recovery activities.
8. This position has administrative responsibility for a limited number of designated practices yet collaborates within an integrated healthcare delivery system. Customers include, but are not limited to regional leadership, physicians, providers, practice management, and staff. External customers include patients, and their caretakers, regulatory bodies, vendors and the community. This position also develops plans to identify and reach short and long term goals and assure development and compliance with operating and capital budgets and achievements of financial performance. This position is expected to exhibit all Banner???s Core and Leader Behaviors along with Banner???s Leadership Competencies.
Requires a level of business, consumer, and financial knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of an associate???s degree in healthcare administration, business, consumer, finance or related field.
Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit, be comfortable with and have the skills to lead a small business, while still being able to manage in the confines of an integrated healthcare system. Must possess knowledge of health care, business, retail, service or hospitality industry gained through at least 2 years of experience in a related setting with accountability and responsibility for meeting/exceeding key performance metrics. Requires the ability to develop, implement, evaluate and adjust an operational vision for the clinics under them. Has a high level of interpersonal skills to be able to deal with operational and clinical staff that may have different priorities or views regarding a particular subject or issue. Continually monitors the functioning of the clinic and revises operations as needed. Able to work within a rapidly changing environment while helping to develop and implement a system to ensure that established policies, goals and objectives are achieved. Requires exceptional collaboration, communication, decision making, organizational and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, leaders, and staff employees. A proven ability to drive team and individual performance to reach or exceed key performance metrics. Requires the ability to manage multiple changing priorities in an effective and organized fashion in an ambiguous environment. The ability to practice flexibility, maintain composure, show courage, and apply change management skills is required.
Additional experience or education within the field of business, consumer, finance, and administration. Experience working in a managed care environment or integrated delivery network beneficial.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.