Registered Nurse Care Manager PRN - Case Management
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Internal Number: 8587304
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital - Westover Hills(CSRH-WH) is a 150-bed hospital serving the fastest growing area of San Antonio. Specialized care includes orthopedic and surgical services, ICU, women's services, a newborn nursery, comprehensive cardiovascular care from diagnostics to open heart surgery, vascular lab, sleep center, emergency services, the CHRISTUS Weight Loss Institute, wound care, rehabilitation, and more. The campus also boasts an Outpatient Imaging Center and three medical plazas, one of which houses our CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Medicine Residency Program and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Family Health Center.
This position provides expertise and leadership to insure effective resource management for patient care delivery (Conditions of Paticipation COP 482.30). Case Managers enhance the continuity of care and cost effectiveness by integrating the functions of case management, resource management, clinical documentation management, and discharge planning (Conditions of Paticipation COP 482.43). Daily and concurrently involved in the management of inpatient and observation patients by comprehensive assessment, planning, interventions, and evaluations of appropriate level of care. Collaborates with other members of the health care team to ensure the above according to the mission of CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health Care.
· Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required. BSN preferred.
· Proficient word processing skills in a Windows environment required.
· Ability to analyze and create reports and presentations via software applications.
· Familiarity with MIDAS and Meditech systems preferred. Bilingual (English/Spanish)preferred.
· A minimum of 5 years in clinical practice for population to be served is required.
· Case Management/Resource Management and discharge planning experience preferred. Milliman (MCG) Guideline and Interqual criteria experience highly preferred.
· Currently licensed as RN in the State of Texas required
· CPR optional Certification in Case Management preferred
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.