Registered Nurse RN PEDS ED Assistant Nurse Manager days
Location: Ocala, Florida
Internal Number: 23000269
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Paid Days Off from Day One
Benefits from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The community you’ll be caring for: AdventHealth Ocala
Horse Capital of the World
Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
The role you’ll contribute:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Communicates with courtesy when interacting with internal or external customers—in person or on the telephone.
· Demonstrates respect for co-workers and develops positive working relationships with other departments.
· Educates, validates and ensures accountability of all Patient experience tactics.
· Participates and ensures that rounding for outcomes occur daily.
· Promotes and validates iCARE compliance.
· Maintains responsibility for nursing units on 24/7 basis, unless otherwise approved.
· Performs duties in a timely manner and provides updates if delays occur.
· Adheres to Advent Health standards for dress and professional appearance.
· Collaborates with staff and peers to create optimal synergy and outcomes.
· Completes behavioral-based interviewing for all new hires.
· Participates in 30, 60, and 90 day evaluations of new staff, and assists in completion of meaningful annual evaluation of existing staff.
· Meets regularly with staff to obtain feedback and provide guidance to improve outcomes.
· Complies with Advent Health corrective action process.
· Monitors and maintains acceptable compliance with budgets. Will monitor and manage productivity daily and collaborate with Nurse Manager on completing monthly variance report and formulating action plan
· Assists in development of Operating and Capital Budgets
· Facilitates patient flow to and from the units.
· Participates in quality improvement activities to improve processes and patient care.
· Implements actions as appropriate based on benchmarks and data specific to the departments with the ability to monitor and evaluate progress.
· In collaboration with the Nurse Manager, continually monitors vacancy and turnover rates. Will assist in implementation strategies for staff retention.
· Complete and submit departmental reports as assigned by Nurse Manager.
· Demonstrates accountability by taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
· Maintains regulatory agency preparedness.
· Participates in staff development by ensuring education, advancement of staff skills and certifications.
· Serve as mentor and advisor to facilitate professional growth of Unit Staff.
· Plans new projects or expansions, including equipment, staffing and space requirement.
· Assumes staff RN duties and responsibilities as appropriate.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
The Assistant Nurse Manager supervises and coordinates patient care delivery on the assigned nursing units and is accountable for meeting standards. The Assistant Nurse Manager supports the assigned unit by planning, directing, and evaluating all nursing service functions and activities for the assigned patient care unit to ensure delivery of optimal available quality patient care and organizational effectiveness.
The Assistant Nurse Manager completes concurrent chart audits of assigned areas to ensure charting within the EMR is complete, accurate and specific to the patients’ diagnosis, plan of care and core measures. Ensures that errors and omissions are corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates staff educational needs.
Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Possess a broad nursing knowledge, leadership ability, accepts responsibility, exercises authority, and functions independently.
· Possess insight for employee growth and development and the ability to do effective impartial counseling.
· Working knowledge of budgets and healthcare finance and leadership capabilities.
· Has ability to work a varied schedule, to include night and weekend hours, with visibility to all shifts.
· Must be able to use all systems (i.e. Cerner, Clarivia, Capacity Management) as required on unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Minimum of one-year hospital acute care RN nursing experience and one year prior leadership experience
· BLS, ACLS if required per department standards
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
· BSN preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· BSN preferred
· National certification in specialty preferred
· Prior experience providing leadership of care team or equivalent (ie. Team Leader, Clinical Nurse Coordinator)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Current valid Florida State Board of Nursing Registered Professional Nurse license
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.