The Director of Care Integration develops strategic direction and implementation of the Harris Health System Diabetes Service Line a collaborative initiative with the Baylor College of Medicine and the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Medicine. Provides administrative oversight by coordinating and providing leadership. Provides evaluation, and improvement of processes directly and indirectly impacting the service line function. Formulates goals/objectives and program targets. Provides innovative leadership to maximize the department's contribution to the overall Harris Health System performance with respect to service line initiatives. Responsible for assuring compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations as well as accrediting organizations as they pertain to specific service line initiatives.
Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor Degree in Nursing, Graduate Degree in related healthcare field preferred, and/or Healthcare Professional with extensive clinical experience with diabetes patients.
Work Experience : 3-5 years progressive, outcome oriented management experience in an acute care setting with clinical expertise in the care of the Diabetes patient.
Management Experience: 3-5 years management experience, demonstrates success in planning, program development and operations with emphasis on sound business applications, effective quality/process management and efficient resource utilization. Excellent interpersonal skills to foster an interdisciplinary team approach to services and program delivery. Equipment Operated: Personal Computer, CRT
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Communications: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) Bilingual Skills Preferred Languages: Spanish preferred. Writing /Composing (Correspondence/Reports )
Other Skills: Analytical CRT Design Mathematics Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc Work Schedule: Flexible, Travel, On Call Other Requirements: Knowledge of JCAHO, State, Medicare/Medicaid, and other external regulatory agencies.
Typical Duties That May Be Performed
1. Serves as an expert resource specific to services provided by Population Health. Provides strategic direction for the population health initiatives and/or departments assigned to ensure that appropriate services and programs are available to patients and their families. Annually reviews, evaluates, and adjusts the strategic plan.
2. Develops continuum of care programs based on identified needs by collaborating with administrators and physicians to assess, plan, develop, implement, and evaluate the population health programs for the Harris Health System.
3. Coordinates and facilitates a collaborative relationship with physicians and management to ensure appropriate program and facility growth, regulatory compliance and resource development.
4. Develops formal linkages with stakeholder health care providers in the system.
5. Establishes collaborative relationship with nursing and operational management to ensure that strategic objectives, customer satisfaction, and quality improvement practices are integrated in achieving desired outcomes.
6. Develops and implements a business and marketing strategy for the department to assure community awareness and increased utilization of Harris Health System.
7. Responsible for developing and assisting in the preparation of grant proposals and overall development of budgets for strategic planning. Demonstrates sound financial management pertaining to population health initiatives.
8. Provides ongoing evaluation and assessment of customer needs and expectations. This evaluation and assessment is compared with present services to identify gaps and develop plans for improvement.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.