Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Onsite, 5 days/week
Reports directly to the Operations Manager for Administration. Provides administrative and confidential secretarial support to the Chief Legal Officer in the performance of their duties. The position includes effectively managing heavy calendars, anticipating the needs of the Executive in advance, and prioritizing work flow in key business priorities and strategies on an on-going basis.
1. Creates and monitors required paperwork for vendor and physician contracts throughout the routing process and secures all approvals/signatures. 2. Identifies and submits Community Benefit activity for Executives. 3. Prepares and/or edits correspondence, compiles and monitors administrative and financial reports, conducts research, and provides support for special projects on an as needed basis. 4. Serves as a liaison between the Chief Legal Officer and their direct reports and members of the Administrative and Medical Staffs. 5. Coordinates, attends, and serves as recording secretary for meetings as needed. 6. Shares in providing back-up support to the Administrative Staff as needs and staffing dictate, and performs other miscellaneous duties as requested. 7. Attends in-service, educational programs, and other required meetings as directed. 8. Acts as a customer service representative for CHMCA by promoting the "Spirit of Service" attitude, exhibiting the attitudes and behaviors that comprise the House Rules regarding professionalism, teamwork, courtesy and communication. 9. Other duties as required.
1. Typing of legal documents, redlining, and electronic filing of legal documents, contracts and other items preferred.
2. Must be proficient in the English language for both grammar and composition purposes and spelling in order to communicate effectively, to prepare reports, record minutes of meetings, and to compose routine correspondence and other directives.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred. 4. Familiarity with medical and legal terminology helpful but not mandatory. 5. Ability to work with and adapt to various personalities and all levels of personnel within the Hospital. 6. Proficient secretarial and analytical skills to include: typing, filing, dictation, proofreading and editing correspondence, duplication equipment, and hospital-standard computer software programs, including the use of spreadsheets, power point presentations, and electronic mail. 7. Must project a highly professional image to contacts both in person and on the phone. 8. Must have exceptional organizational skills including the ability to prioritize work. 9. Must show initiative, the ability to learn new software applications as applicable and be able to work without supervision. 10. Superior verbal skills are necessary to communicate with Hospital personnel and personnel of outside agencies as well as citizens of the community. 11. Numerical and analytical ability is necessary to prepare statistical reports and other reports that require calculations and compilation of data. Ability to comprehend and use data to support initiatives. 12. Position requires considerable use of discretion, tact, diplomacy and judgment. 13. Must have the ability to maintain security of corporate activities and confidential personnel action.
14. Possesses excellent time management skills with the ability to be flexible and multitask.
15. Understands the initiatives and priorities of the Hospital and the Executives and proactively provides information, materials and support.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High School or equivalent required Bachelor's Degree preferred. 2. Certification: Notary Public license helpful, but not mandatory. 3. Years of experience: minimum of 3 required, additional legal office experience preferred 4. Years of experience supervising: N/A
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: