Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-018659
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) has an immediate need for an Executive Compliance Support person in our Central office located in Austin, Texas.
The role provides support to the Compliance Department at the corporate office and assists in the day-to-day operations of our laboratory system's regulatory compliance and HIPAA program. The individual will provide support that promotes our commitment to maintain an effective compliance program in accordance with Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including the Office of Inspector General's Compliance Program Guidance for Clinical Laboratories.
- Review and analyze various compliance processes and facilitate the routing and filing of compliance related business requests, forms, and contract documents
- Administrator for Compliance software system(s)
- Manage, maintain and update corporate compliance minutes and records
- Participate in special projects
- Schedule/track sanction check database for corporate entity
- Prepare and timely send CMS or other regulatory filings,
- Assist with and prepare Compliance reports, presentations, etc.
- Manage compliance calendars and events
- Push, track and report on training assignments as required
- Compiles quarterly data for Compliance Committee meetings
- Identifies opportunities and supports efforts to build a culture of compliance
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with company management of all organizational levels and functional counterparts
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience desired.
- Certified paralegal with 2+ years experience preferred
- HIPPA/Health Care experience preferred
- 3-5 years legal, regulatory or compliance healthcare administrative experience desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as interact with team members, leaders, executives
- Strong initiative and capacity to learn with demonstrated attention to detail and judgment
- Exceptional ethical foundation
- Effective written and verbal communicator
- Proactive problem solver, with ability to prioritize while ensuring that the work gets done
- Willingness and ability to adapt and change as position/corporate needs evolve
- Build a reputation for self and department as responsive and supportive team member
- Excellent data entry and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently, but not afraid to ask questions
- Demonstrated discretion in handling confidential information
- Demonstrated flexibility in light of changing work requirements
- Excellent organization skills; file management experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Healthcare USA, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.