Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Nemours is seeking an Operations Manager (Full-Time) to join our Urgent Care team in Orlando, Florida. **$15,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)
Nemours pediatric urgent care centers provide a kid-friendly, family-centered experience for families seeking urgent care services at night and on weekends. With six centers conveniently located in the greater Orlando area, we deliver exceptional Nemours care to families where - and when - they need it most.
In collaboration with the Practice Administrator and UC Medical Director, this position oversees the administrative, financial and daily operational activities of their assigned departments. This position ensures a world-class patient experience, a positive team environment, and an efficient and financially successful department.
- Provides operational oversight of assigned areas.
- Effectively manages Human Resources functions for assigned areas through leadership, training, positive reinforcement, and, if necessary, appropriate corrective action.
- Supervises staff for assigned locations
- Hires, counsels and provides disciplinary action, including termination, for associates as necessary
- Arranges for, or provides, appropriate training of all new associates
- Maintains adequate coverage for the clinical and non-clinical support of each location, providing justification for changes in staffing levels as necessary
- In conjunction with the Practice Administrator and the Medical Director, develops, communicates, and implements department/division goals and objectives.
- In collaboration with the Practice Administrator and Medical Director, is responsible for developing, monitoring, and meeting the budgeted financial goals for areas of responsibility.
- Identifies cost effective approaches to revenue enhancement and expense reduction.
- Monitors all clinical functions, seeking input from the Medical Director as needed.
- Conducts or arranges for regular inspections to be sure all documentation requirements are being met for medication storage, supply expiration date management, biomedical waste storage and permitting, CLIA and COLA certification, and other programs as required.
- Communicates with physicians and other providers to determine effectiveness of the service delivery system.
- Monitors and reports performance in charge capture/delays, chart closure/documentation, staffing ratios, revenue and expenses, clinical volumes, RVU productivity, Patient Satisfaction, Quality & Service Metrics, and other metrics as needed.
- Promotes customer service and all aspects of Nemours True North.
- Works with the Practice Administrator and Medical Director to identify physician staffing needs, new program development, productivity targets (visits, cases, RVUs), and capital equipment needs.
- Resolves daily operational problems, improves coordination of systems and processes and works toward mutual goal attainment. This includes participation in the daily management system & daily tiered huddles.
- Assures safe work practices are used by all associates of the department, promotes a positive work attitude within the department and treats associates with respect, dignity, and fairness while maintaining accountability.
- Ensures all tasks are completed in accordance with the Nemours Standard Business Practices.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in business or health administration discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience required.
- LPN or RN preferred.
- Demonstrated record of progressively responsible administrative experience in health care, preferably pediatric or specialty related.
- Relevant experience in the presentation of written and oral materials, interaction with Senior Administration and Medical Staff and self-directed project completion.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with physician and administrative leadership.
- Demonstrated success in applying performance improvement methodologies and project team facilitation.
**$15,000 Sign on Bonus offered (external applicants only)