Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando, Florida, is seeking a BC Pediatric Allergist/Immunologist to join its team. The Position Reports to The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children's Hospital, Orlando FL. This is an exciting opportunity to help expand a comprehensive pediatric Allergy/Immunology practice in Central Florida. Academic appointment(s) are also available with the University of Central Florida Medical School for qualified applicants. This position provides outstanding clinical and laboratory research opportunities. Candidates interested in outcomes research would enjoy Nemours' high clinical volume and network provided by a significant collaborative enterprise institutional database. Academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate's level of experience.
Currently, Board Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) with a subspecialty certification in Allergy & Immunology (ABAI), possess or eligible for an unrestricted Florida medical license, and qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Allergy & Immunology and an appointment to the Medical Staff of Nemours Children's Hospital, Orlando FL.
* Demonstration of a strong commitment to the education of residents and Fellows.
* Interest in developing and implementing evidence-based care models and outcomes to ensure delivery of high-quality, cost-effective healthcare using quality measures and performance improvement.
* Interest and experience in working with a population with many economic, health, and educational disparities. Cultural sensitivity, appreciation, and interest in improving the health of an underserved population.
* Interest in scholarly activity as evidenced by recent scholarly publications, including participation in specialty society organizations and/or peer-reviewed research funding and active involvement with national or regional professional societies preferred but not required.
- A personality and style grounded in partnering, collegiality, and consensus-building.
- An individual passionate about building and supporting new programs, comfortable with forging new paths and working with ambiguity.
- An individual with a contagious passion for his/her work and the ability to garner support to meet objectives.
- A high-energy individual with a strong work ethic and high expectations for performance. A person, who leads by example, sets strong professional and personal standards for every activity.
For confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Kanekal Gautham MD, DM, MS, FAAP
Chair, Dept of Pediatrics
With a copy to:
Fernando Mocnada, CPRP
Nemours Children's Hospital (NCH) in Orlando is a free-standing children's hospital with a full breadth of pediatric specialties in Lake Nona; an epicenter for innovation, technology, and health care. NCH brings pediatric specialty care never before offered in Central Florida. The hospital even includes the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids. At Nemours, we have the ability to collaborate and develop a multitude of multidisciplinary clinics.
Many of Nemours' board-certified specialists have come from top hospitals around the country because they share the desire to create a pediatric health care facility that empowers patients and their caregivers.
At Nemours Children's Hospital, you can expect:
* All levels of care -- from minor injuries to the most complex conditions
* Innovative pediatric medicine with specialized medical and surgical services
* Patient rooms designed by families, for families
* Electronic health record technology that's ranked among the best in the country
* A "hospital in a garden" with green spaces for healing, respite, and therapy
* Onsite amenities such as free valet parking, ChargePoint EV charging stations, and free Wi-Fi
* Expert care in your community through our specialty and primary care network
Learn more about Nemours Children's Health and our Mission: Nemours' Mission