Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Reporting to the Senior Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, the Director of DEI Education & Learning Initiatives will play a critical role in strategically leading the design, planning, coordination, assessment, implementation, & delivery of DEI educational initiatives and resources to help promote individual and organizational responsibility for DEI at Nemours Children's Health. The Director will lead the development of innovative and evidence-based education programs to enhance clinical and non-clinical associate engagement with inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability topics to support and promote a culture of inclusiveness throughout the Nemours enterprise. This position is responsible for utilizing organizational data to assist appropriate stakeholders in developing strategies, identifying, and aligning initiatives that leverage DEI education best practices and ensuring appropriate reporting, evaluation and assessment methodologies, performance evaluation techniques and key performance metrics associated with these initiatives.
Additionally, the Director will work to foster partnerships and collaborations with key stakeholders and develop/design outreach communications that help elevate the impact of DEI at Nemours. This director will also lead the enterprise Associate Resource Group program. This position will partner closely with all leaders of the organization to include, but not limited to executive leaders, clinical & non-clinical leaders throughout the enterprise. Must have a track record of experience developing and delivering evidence-based DEI education, a thorough knowledge of program management principles, an analytical mindset, experience navigating organizational change, and great problem-solving abilities.
- Proactively represents Nemours Children's Health by facilitating diversity, equity & inclusion education, and program awareness. Provides consultation, support, and strategic advising to key stakeholders and leadership teams on DEI education priorities, capabilities, offerings, and best practices.
- Assesses the DEI educational needs of the organization and designs initiatives to be responsive to those needs while simultaneously advancing innovative efforts to enhance learning and foster a more inclusive organizational culture.
- Provides leadership for the design, planning and delivery of education initiatives related to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability topics impacting DEI in healthcare. Bolsters a value and culture of sustained learning. Leads the planning and coordination of educational campaigns and platforms (e.g., town halls, panel discussions, symposia, workshops, presentations, guest lectures/speakers) that extend the venues and audiences of educational outreach that spotlight critical DEI topics and center intersectional identities and experiences.
- Leads the development of evidence-based education and facilitation curricula, using multiple modalities, for diverse associates on inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability topics. Leads the design of supplemental toolkits on DEI topics including, inclusion, diversity, equity, accountability, accessibility, LGBTQIA+, allyship and more.
- Develop and implement the appropriate measures and tools to ensure DEI education programs are continuously evaluated. Utilizes organizational data and evidence-based practices to inform the development of DEI education and training efforts. Oversees evaluation and assessment practices associated with all Nemours DEI education initiatives including, but not limited to, formative and summative assessments, survey evaluation, interviews, and focus groups. Provide quarterly and/or annual reporting on DEI education initiatives.
- Provide leadership and management to DEI Education & Learning Initiatives team.
- Partners with internal and external vendors & consultants on eLearning to design and distribute DEI education across broad levels. This may include all Nemours Associates as well as Nemours Affiliates (e.g., health system partners).
- Provide support to departments in fostering more inclusive learning and work environments as well as assistance through personalized education, longitudinal support, strategic advising, and other resources.
- Supports pipeline development programs for diverse individuals, including mentoring of students, resident, and fellows from all programs.
- Leads the management of the enterprise Associate Resource Groups (ARGs) program, driving membership, achievement of ARG goals and enriching ARGs with educational tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Talent Development, HR Administration, Legal Studies, or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years' experience designing, managing, facilitating, and delivering high quality, comprehensive diversity, equity and inclusion educational programs and initiatives. Hospital/healthcare setting preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years managing personnel and DEI education & initiatives required. Hospital/healthcare setting required.
- Evaluation and assessment of diversity, equity, and inclusion education and initiatives including quantitative and qualitative methods experience required.
- Knowledge of DEI education trends affecting healthcare required.
- Demonstrated understanding and skill developing innovative approaches to DEI education and outreach required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, MS Teams Live Event and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to collaborate and work successfully across all levels of the organization, affiliated partners, and community representatives, demonstrating excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and work independently.