Nemours is seeking a Director, Major Gifts to join our team in Wilmington, DE! This is a hybrid role.
Reporting to the AVP, Major and Planned Giving, the Director, Major Gifts will support all major gift fundraising across Nemours locations with an emphasis on Delaware Valley.
The Director will help the AVP build a robust program around the solicitation and stewardship of Twenty-five-thousand dollar donors, and often collaborate with and support other Institutional Advancement team members on developing individual strategies for prospects and donors.
The ideal candidate will be a collegial team player with a proven ability to motivate, engage, and work collaboratively at all levels with prospects, donors, volunteers, leadership, and senior members of the research and medical staff, or similar constituencies. Travel between Nemours Sites is required.
- Work with the AVP, Major and Planned Giving to create a comprehensive program for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on six and seven figure multi-year gifts in combination with planned gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of highly-rated donors and prospects portfolio of 100-150 prospects of Twenty-five-thousand dollars + a year, with expectations to grow portfolio in years to come.
- Develop cultivation plans for major and leadership gift prospects based on research and engagement.
- Support the Chief Development Officer of Delaware Valley on top prospects and donors in Delaware Valley with strong communication and transparency to the AVP, Major and Planned Giving, on status and plans.
- Work closely with gift officers enterprise-wide to ensure that best practices are being utilized in the major gift fundraising program across the Enterprise. Collaborate with gift officers on donor engagement as appropriate.
- Help set benchmarks toward long term, sustainable growth, and gift solicitation.
- Effectively communicate the mission, vision, values, and priorities within the internal and external community.
Establish and maintain long-term relationships between donors and appropriate hospital staff (providers, clinicians, leaders, etc.) that connect donor interest and passion with hospital needs.