Location: Austin, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-017749
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You are made of leadership material. You have proven people skills, an eye for the big picture, and the drive to succeed. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our team of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
In this role, you will:
- Manage and coordinate the procurement of Clinical Laboratory supplies and equipment
- Monitor standing orders, negotiates supply contracts, continually evaluates pricing and terminates agreements with vendors. Supervise and control inventory distribution
- Identify laboratory needs for equipment and staffing
- Ensure all personnel are continuously informed of changes in SOPs and company processes
- Self-education in regard to developments in the laboratory field
- Evaluate employees' work performance and documents performance, training, and disciplinary actions
- Responsible for the initiation, design, and completion of special projects, process improvements or new method implementation in the Clinical Laboratory
- Monthly QC/QA document review on all analyzers, bench procedures, and log sheets
- Initiates and participates in laboratory monthly meetings
- Ensure a clean and safe environment for all Clinical Laboratory personnel
- Enforce universal precautions and use of personal protective equipment for laboratory personnel
- Develop and follows continuing education program for Clinical Laboratory employees as required by CAP and State clinical regulatory guidelines
- Ensure all workflow processes are completed within acceptable time frames
- Ensure CAP/State regulatory compliance is met for all applicable areas
- Prepare for and participates in CAP/State regulatory inspection, provides required documents and responses to investigators' requested items
- Responsible for the maintenance and organization of all documentation generated by the laboratory
Education and Experience:
B.S. degree in Medical Technology or Chemical, Biological, or Physical Science.
5 years of pertinent laboratory experience WITH at least 4 years' experience in the molecular discipline AND 2 years' lab management/supervision.
Licensure and Certifications:
Preferred: Certified as Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Molecular Biology, by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) OR equivalent certification
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow within the organization
- Free lab services for you and your eligible dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) that includes a generous company match
- A sense of belonging - we are a community!
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.