Location: MURRIETA, California
Join the Rancho Springs/Inland Valley Team!
Southwest Healthcare's Dual Campus Medical Centers in Murrieta & Wildomar, CA includes Rancho Springs Medical Center and Inland Valley Hospital. Both campuses provide quality medical care in a comfortable and convenient environment, bringing peace of mind to thousands of patients and families in the community.
Rancho Springs Medical Center, a 120-bed acute care hospital, features the largest Women's Center in the region which includes Rady Children's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with an Emergency Department that is open around the clock. To best assist all types of urgent care needs, Rancho Springs Hospital provides the an OB/Emergency Department program, giving expectant moms 24/7 on-site access to OB/GYN physician coverage, and also has the region's only Pediatric Emergency Services (for children 14 and under) provided by board certified Rady Children's emergency medicine physicians.
Inland Valley Medical Center, a 122-bed acute care hospital, offers Level II Trauma Services, an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center, and a Total Joint Center now with advanced certification from the Joint Commission for hip and knee surgery as well core certification for shoulder surgery, in addition to a nationally recognized center for weight-loss surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Both Rancho Springs Medical Center and Inland Valley Hospital, are proud to be a part of Southwest Healthcare, a network of five acute care hospitals and several non-hospital access points, including: Corona Regional Medical Center, Palmdale Regional Medical Center, Southwest Healthcare Rancho Springs Hospital, Southwest Healthcare Inland Valley Hospital and Temecula Valley Hospital, Temecula Valley Day Surgery, A+ Urgent Care Centers, and Riverside Medical Clinics. We've won various awards throughout our region and focus on career development and promotion, where the people are at the core of everything we do. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, you're in the right place! For more information on how to join our dynamic team, please visit our website at www.swhealthcaresystem.com.
We are looking for a Director of Human Resources to oversee the HR functions for both Rancho Springs Medical Center and Inland Valley Hospital. This individual will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. Duties include but not limited to:
- Partnering with leadership, staff and vendors, managing organizational change, shaping culture and promoting programs and processes that foster an engaged workforce.
- Provides creative, responsive and flexible support to Leadership and staff in finding compliant strategies to meet the needs of the organization.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures facility compliance employing HR "best practices" in all HR areas.
- Forecasts trends and responds to regulatory and industry changes by implementing best practice and innovative solutions.
- Regularly monitors employee satisfaction and engagement and works to ensure communications and employees relations are focused on maintaining a union free environment.
- Provides employee relations management in a partnership with facility leadership through document review, analysis, research, special projects, and basic problem resolution.
- Manage Corporate Compliance complaints as assigned - coordinate investigations with executive team members and local leadership.
- Responsible for the Human Resources section of the New Hire Employee Orientation to include, but not be limited to: Human Resources policies and procedures, payroll procedures, and UHS benefit plans.
- Manages and provides daily support to the Human Resources Department by ensuring all documentation, files, correspondence, processes, and reports are accurate and are disseminated as appropriate in compliance with departmental procedure and State and Federal requirements.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement within the HR department and throughout the facility.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related area from four-year College or university required.
- Ten (10) years of Human Resources experience required. Experience in Healthcare strongly preferred.
- Five (5) + years of Human Resources management experience at a Manager and/or Director level required.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation, recruitment, benefits, Wage & Hour law, organizational development, employee relations, diversity, performance management, federal and state respective employment laws.
- HR Experience in California in required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certificate preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in HRIS, ATS, and timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of major areas of employment law to include ADA, FMLA, CFRA, PDL, NLRA, Harassment, Discrimination, Wrongful Termination, and CA Wage and Hour.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain personnel laws, rules, regulations, standards, and procedures; analyze and make improvement in policies and procedures relating to personnel activities.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Competitive Compensation & Generous Paid Time Off.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plans.
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan.
- SoFi Student Loan Refinancing Program.
- Tuition, CEU, Certification, Licenses Reimbursement program.
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its 300+ Subsidiaries!
Southwest Healthcare is subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS), a King of Prussia, PA-based company, that is one of the largest healthcare management companies in the nation.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS; via e-mail, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for the above-listed position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates with matching skillset and experience with the best possible career at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail etc. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.