Location: Orlando, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Materials Management Technician (FULL-TIME), to join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Located in Orlando, Florida, Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region.
Receives, inspects, warehouses, stores, transports / delivers, issues, safeguards, accounts for, and replenishes medical material supplies and equipment at required locations in a timely fashion. Processes receipts for incoming supplies, ensures quality and quantity of materials match supporting documentation, and notes discrepancies. Performs required computer operations functions and operates material handling equipment. Applies special handling procedures for storing hazardous material, utilizes personal protection equipment as required, performs inventories and quality assurance inspections. Prepares and processes documents and transactions required, monitors requests, implements materials activities for inventory control, accounting, and management of supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for the timely distribution/replenishment of all medical supplies and equipment.
- Ensures all clinical equipment with an electrical component is delivered to Clinical Engineering for testing/inspection prior to delivery.
- Performs rounding of all patient care areas / nodes to identify required materials management support.
- Inspects all materials for possible damage, defect, or expiration and immediately reports / communicates findings and ensures discrepancies are annotated for record.
- Identifies, processes, and tags all Capital items received in accordance with the Foundation Capital Policy.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Managers/Associates as needed to facilitate the flow of items.
- Responsible for regular communication with department managers to ensure that we have the most current associate listings.
- Implements materials activities for supply/equipment inventory distribution and control; Ensures necessary corrective actions and documentation is taken.
- Performs, organizes, and monitors medical materials management functions.
- Prepares and validates computer input data to establish, revise, and maintain accountable records.
- High School Diploma required.
- Ability to work weekends required.
- Required to have flexibility with schedule as shifts are rotational