The Department of Pediatrics, Nemours Children's Hospital in Orlando, Florida, seeks a dynamic and innovative full-time Professor or Associate Professor Academic Hospitalist to lead its Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. The Division Chief will provide strategic and operational leadership with responsibility and accountability across the full range of mission areas to maintain and grow clinical, educational, and research programs; guide faculty development; participate in the clinical teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows; and mentor faculty, trainees and medical students.
The Position Reports to The Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children's Hospital, Orlando, FL. This position provides outstanding clinical, laboratory, and health services research opportunities. Academic appointments will be held at the University of Central Florida College of Medicine, and academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate's experience level.
Currently, Board certified by the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) with a subspecialty certification in Pediatric Hospital Medicine, possess or eligible for an unrestricted Florida medical license, qualified to hold a faculty appointment in the Department of Pediatrics at Nemours Children's Hospital, Orlando FL.
* Experience in and commitment to the delivery of high-quality clinical care and patient care that ensures good outcomes in multiple domains for patients and their families
* Demonstration of a strong commitment to the education of residents and Fellows.
Ability to develop innovative models of care delivery
Ability to manage a team of hospitalists and advanced practice providers, mentor them, and guide their professional development and success
Ability to work collaboratively with leaders and professionals from multiple other specialties and with regional physicians and referring institutions
* Interest and experience in working with a population with several economic, health, and educational disparities. Cultural sensitivity, appreciation, and interest in improving the health of an underserved population.
Experience in scholarly activity as evidenced by a recent and sufficient number of peer-reviewed publications, including participation in specialty society organizations and active involvement with national or regional professional societies.
Experience in applying for and obtaining research funding.
* A personality and style grounded in partnering, collegiality, and consensus-building.
* An individual passionate about building and supporting new programs, comfortable with forging new paths and working with ambiguity.
* An individual with a contagious passion for his/her work and the ability to garner support to meet objectives.
For confidential consideration, please forward your CV and cover letter to:
Nemours Children's Hospital (NCH) in Orlando is a free-standing children's hospital with a full breadth of pediatric specialties located in Lake Nona; an epicenter for innovation, technology and health care. NCH brings pediatric specialty care never before offered in Central Florida. The hospital even includes the area's only 24-hour Emergency Department designed just for kids. At Nemours, we have the ability to collaborate and develop a multitude of multidisciplinary clinics.
Many of Nemours' board-certified specialists have come from top hospitals around the country because they share the desire to create a pediatric health care facility that empowers patients and their caregivers.
At Nemours Children's Hospital you can expect:
* All levels of care -- from minor injuries to the most complex conditions
* Innovative pediatric medicine with specialized medical and surgical services
* Patient rooms designed by families, for families
* Electronic health record technology that's ranked among the best in the country
* A "hospital in a garden" with green spaces for healing, respite and therapy
* Onsite amenities such as free valet parking, ChargePoint EV charging stations and free Wi-Fi
* Expert care in your community through our specialty and primary care network
Our institution is committed to being a diverse, equitable, inclusive and anti-racist workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals, LGBTQ+ and non-binary identities, women, persons with disabilities, military service members and veterans are strongly encouraged.
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.