Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0013893
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Pediatric Cardiology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatric Cardiologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on an academic. Join our team of 15 Cardiologists dedicated to providing outstanding innovative pediatric heart care, education, and research. As the largest pediatric cardiology practice in Minnesota, our Heart Center uses a comprehensive team of CV intensivists, care coordinators, cardiologists, and surgeons--all within a true children's hospital setting, on a leading academic campus. We have 2 dedicated transplant coordinators and a well-established and growing solid organ transplant program.
- The Department / Division is seeking an individual with a strong interest in Pediatric Heart Failure, Mechanical Circulatory Devices and Pediatric Heart Transplant.
- Participate in pre- and post-transplant cardiac evaluation and treatment of cardiomyopathies and heart failure due to different etiologies.
- This position will include general pediatric cardiology care in/at University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Depending on expertise and interest, the position may also participate inpatient and outpatient service.
- Additional responsibilities will include: participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through UMPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
- The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher, and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
- Pediatric Heart Center
- Pediatric Heart Transplant Program
- Pediatric Heart Failure Program
- University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital
- Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate's area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
- Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
- The division is proud to announce that Pranava Sinha, MD, has been appointed as the new Division Chief and Professor of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the University of Minnesota Medical School and the M Health Fairview Masonic Children's Hospital. Dr. Sinha is a worldwide expert and leader in children's heart care, including congenital heart defects and pediatric heart transplants.
About the Division:
The Pediatric Heart Transplant program is over 35 years old with a long history of Pediatric Heart Transplants at the University of Minnesota. The program has grown exponentially in the last few years. As a result of the growth in the program, we are in the process of recruiting a second experienced congenital/transplant cardiovascular surgeon.
This year, Mpls. St.Paul Magazine's 2022 "Top Doctors: Rising Stars" included 5 Physicians from the Pediatric Cardiology Division.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Pediatric residency and Pediatric Cardiology fellowship-training program.
- Board eligible/certified in Pediatric Cardiology
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to work in the United States.
- New fellowship graduates will not be considered.
- Heart Failure/Transplant and VAD management experience desirable.
- Demonstrate involvement in clinical or basic science research through publications anticipated or published in peer-reviewed journals.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.