Duke Homecare & Hospice offers hospice, home health and infusion services. Hospice care is offered to terminally ill patients in their home, skilled-nursing facilities, assisted-living facilities, and at our two inpatient facilities located in Hillsborough and Durham, North Carolina.
Duke Nursing Highlights:
Duke University Health System is designated as a MagnetÂ® organization
Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year as North Carolinaâ€™s Great 100 Nurses.
Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
To have the opportunity to speak to someone further about this position, please click (or copy and paste) this link to schedule with a recruiter: https://calendly.com/jacqueline-huff/homecare-hospice-information
Unit Summary: Hock Family Pavilion is Duke's 12-bed inpatient Hospice Unit. Our inpatient care facility provides 24-hour skilled nursing care in a comfortable setting to people who cannot manage their symptoms and/or cannot control their pain at home.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of Clinical Services for Hock Family Pavilion, Duke's Inpatient Hospice Unit, is responsible for the management and supervision of the Clinical program on a 24-hour basis. Ensures delivery of quality patient care and compliance with clinical and administrative policy and procedures and regulatory standards.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participates in the development of the clinical areas' strategic and operational plans.
Openly supports and consistently communicates the mission of the organization. Service as the patient advocate to ensure optimal patient care.
Serves as a professional role model and mentor to staff by responding positively to change while supporting colleagues through the change process. Serves as a change agent to facilitate communication and transition that supports the mission of the Inpatient unit.
Ensures a workforce that is diverse and cognizant of the value diversity brings to the workplace.
Maintains required program records, reports and statistics for administrative purposes ensures compliance with established DHCH policies, procedures, objectives, quality control, PI, safety environmental and infection control. Communicates requirements to staff, and holds staff accountable to established requirements.
Collaborates with the Director of Patient Services to determine fiscal requirements and prepare budgetary recommendations. Monitors the level of resources utilized in service delivery and determines the appropriateness of resource consumption in the service. Develops action plans in conjunction with the Director of Patient Services to ensure budget and resource efficiency, and satisfaction with patient care delivery.
1. Actively supports and promotes a professional practice model that encourages staff participation in the development of clinical standards that is collaborative, collegial and utilizes current trends and data in professional practice (clinical and administrative).
2. Interface with patient and families to ensure that care is consistent with their expectations.
3. Assures coordination/participation of staff on program/organization wide councils/committees.
4. Manage, supervise and coordinate delivery of patient care in the home health and hospice on a 24 hour basis. Ensure compliance with clinical patient care standards and established policies.
5 . Assesses/coaches and evaluates staff level of practice. Develops programs that foster continued clinical development from novice to expert to positively impact on patient care and career satisfaction of staff.
6. Coordinates the development, implementation and evaluation of designed to improve operational efficiency. Coordinates QC/PI activities with DHCH policies, procedures, objectives, quality control, PI, safety environmental and infection control.
7. Oversee various personnel actions including, but not limited to, appropriate staff. hiring, performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, terminations and other related activities.
8. Plan, schedule and organize work for group ensuring proper distribution and delegation of assignments and efficient utilization of personnel, space and facilities; overall accountability for the supplies, requisition, care and maintenance of unit inventory and equipment.
9. Coordinate the activities of staff with other DHCH personnel; accountable for the effective efficient operation of the department and staff including ensuring that orders, treatments, plans of care, clinical pathways are being carried out in a manner supportive of patient care. Ensures documentation of patient care is complete and accurate in accordance with DHCH policies and Performance Improvement.
1. Maintains professional and technical job knowledge through appropriate resources.
2. Maintains knowledge and adheres to all company policies and procedures and regulatory compliance.
3. Develops and maintains an effective level of communication.
4. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
5. Displays a professional appearance.
6. Promotes quality, comprehensive services to all customers through a team approach.
7. Prioritizes responsibilities and workload.
8. Plans and organizes work effectively.
9. Gives high priority to client satisfaction and anticipates client.
Work requires completion of an accredited Bachelor's degree in a clinical field such as Nursing, Social Work, Physical Therapy, Occupations Therapy, Speech Therapy or a related field. Preferred Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Work requires a minimum of five years of clinical experience, including supervisory experience within a Home Care setting.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Professional licensure or registration in a clinical field is required.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.